Fermyn Woods 2018

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
dilettante

Re: Fermyn Woods 2018

Post by dilettante »

I'm heading to Fermyn tomorrow. Expecting some madness with it being Saturday but hopeful of a good day! Neil's report is heartening.
Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

have a great trip.... it is going to be scorchio !!!

:oops:
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

That's a great trip you had Neil, I hope I'm has lucky next Saturday, great photos, Goldie :D
dilettante

Post by dilettante »

Charles Nicol wrote:have a great trip.... it is going to be scorchio !!!
I did and it was! Report in my personal diary http://www.ukbutterflies.co.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5167&p=133214#p133214
EricY

Post by EricY »

Tuesday morning (3rd) was not as good as others found last week & the w/e. Possibly too hot & too much wind. Was there @ 7.30am & nothing on main track from gliding club entrance Lady wood had a few on left hand track @ junction & very few were showing any colour, managed a few part purple shots. Saw none down right side of junction. On way out @ 12.15 just one showed briefly by the cars @ entrance. More SWF's than PE's. Did get some nice shots of Purple Hairstreak on a side track early while still a little cool, also got a shot of a tatty WLH. The puddles from the tree cutting had lots of mixed Whites that produced an interesting video of them on the mud, just like the ones on TV from the tropical rain forests. Eric
Charles Nicol

Post by Charles Nicol »

EricY wrote:Tuesday morning (3rd) was not as good as others found last week & the w/e. Possibly too hot & too much wind. Was there @ 7.30am & nothing on main track from gliding club entrance Lady wood had a few on left hand track @ junction & very few were showing any colour, managed a few part purple shots. Saw none down right side of junction. On way out @ 12.15 just one showed briefly by the cars @ entrance. More SWF's than PE's. Did get some nice shots of Purple Hairstreak on a side track early while still a little cool, also got a shot of a tatty WLH. The puddles from the tree cutting had lots of mixed Whites that produced an interesting video of them on the mud, just like the ones on TV from the tropical rain forests. Eric
glad you managed to find some interesting butterflies Eric ! i went over to Monks Wood today and saw Emperors there for the first time.

Return to “Sites”