Nymphalidae images for Species Albums 2012

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Vince Massimo
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Nymphalidae images for Species Albums 2012

Post by Vince Massimo »

This thread follows on from my previous appeal for images for use on the Species Identification pages viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4954

As has now been reported, work on updating the whole of the Species Albums is now complete :D . The final category incorporating all stages of the Aristocrats, Fritillaries and Browns benefitted from a number of very useful images of overseas species supplied by Guy Padfield, Lee Hurrell, johnb, CFB and Roger Gibbons. Special thanks also go to Iain Leach for his contributions to the Large Heath album. Other notable contributions came from Mark Colvin, wurzel, millerd, stufus, Michaeljf and Pete Eeles. Roger Gibbons has kindly offered to help fill any remaining gaps in the Secondary Species list and I will be in touch shortly.

Pete has now provided a link on the homepage where you can look at the new albums. Once you are in, just click on the species name to take you to the Core Media for that species. Of the small number of images of Primary Species that remain to be found, I believe that there are a couple which may be achievable. One is of Peacock ova and the other for the underside of a female Mountain Ringlet.

My thanks go to everyone who has supplied images so far :D.
More contributions are always welcome as we strive to find better and clearer images or those which illustrate differing behavioural aspects. Don't forget to include date and site information in the image name, because this helps to make the albums a valuable scientific resource as well . The ultimate aim is to constantly improve the Species Albums for the benefit of all and these will now be regularly reviewed.

Vince
NickB

Re: Nymphalidae images for Species Albums 2012

Post by NickB »

Well done Vince and everyone. Good work!
:D
"Conservation starts in small places, close to home..."

Return to “Photography”