Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
trevor

Re: Goldie M

Post by trevor »

HI Goldie,

The sun is quite strong now , so if that wind gives it a rest or stops coming from the north,
we might start seeing some Butterflies! :D .
Atleast my ' new ' FZ38 camera is starting to get some exercise. :D

All the best,
TREVOR.

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Trevor, you were right about the weather it's been fantastic, if any one had said you'll be sitting outside shortly I wouldn't have believed them. :D

Yesterday we went to Hall-Lee-Brook where I added a Comma to my list, the day before I added a Peacock it arrived in my garden when I was enjoying a cup of tea, :D I'd seen them the day before but they were too intent looking for partners they didn't stay long this one enjoyed my Grape Hyacinth for a while giving me time to put my cup down and creep up on it:D

The Small Tortoiseshells were also out in force and I managed to get more shots, a couple of them together before they flew off( photo's not too good I'm afraid as they moved about too much) Any way it's a start ,Green Veined Whites next! then Orange Tips, I've not got any shots of Brimstones yet but I did see one at HLB yesterday so hope fully I'll get one before too long Goldie :D
Attachments
Small Tortoiseshells HLB 5th April 2015 GM IMG_8724.JPG
Comma HLB 5th April 2015 GM IMG_8737.JPG
IMG_8708.JPG

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Goldie,

That Comma image is worth a few points ! :D . Yes, looking forward to the Orange Tips.

Best wishes,
TREVOR.

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Goldie,

Good to see you have had the nice weather too. No Whites or Orange-tips yet for me either, maybe this week if the weather holds up, fingers crossed.

Cheers,

Neil.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I'm glad the Easter Bunny brought you teh eggs AND butterflies Goldie :D :lol:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Mike Robinson

Post by Mike Robinson »

A nice haul yesterday and some lovely pictures.
I'm envious of your Comma. I think I might have seen one today whooshing past but couldn't be sure. Still; there's always tomorrow.

David M

Post by David M »

At least things are now moving up there, Goldie.

Won't be long before the Pierids invade your 'patch'.

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Just late reading my postings, thanks everyone for your input I've been taking it easy for the last few days ,seems I've to have an op on my other eye now :( So with the weather being so great (exception being today, gale force winds) I've been in my garden sunning myself :D
Thursday was a really lovely day, in the garden we had visits from STS and Peacocks, not to mention Comma's the only things that haven't shown up yet are the Whites, I did see a Brimstone but didn't manage a photo
I've posted what I thought really show that Spring is here, I'm looking forward to seeing the Orange Tips and hope fully I'll be sorted out by then, at present it's a case of shoot and hope for the best :D
I want to pay a couple more visits to HLB so I hope the weather gets better Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_8783.jpg
IMG_8780.jpg
IMG_8775.jpg

Hoggers

Post by Hoggers »

Hi Goldie lovely photos as usual and I think we must shop at the same garden centre because I've got the same flowers in my garden!

Best wishes

Hoggers

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Your garden looks very springlike Goldie :), makes me wish I had a garden :(

Sorry to hear about your eye op, hope it goes well.

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Hi Goldie,

Nice photos from your garden. Hope all goes well with your eye.

Cheers,

Neil.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great to see you up and running proper Goldie - that is a great sot of the Peacock :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Hogger's ,glad you like my photos, it's obvious we have great taste in garden plants :D

Bugboy, you've really surprised me, ( no garden ) yet you've such great photos I'd hate to be without mine :o

Thanks Neil, it will all be over with by Friday, then all systems go, when the Orange Tips get going around here I hope to be has well :D

Glad you like the photos Wurzel, my favourite is the Peacock I like the way he seems to be hanging onto the flower, I'd only planted the Violas a couple of days before, the Peacock BF seems to like them a lot quite a few enjoyed them last week :D

Today has been another cold day but tomorrow promises to be warmer so hope fully I may see some thing Goldie :D

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Goldie M wrote:Bugboy, you've really surprised me, ( no garden ) yet you've such great photos I'd hate to be without mine :o
Thats London life sadly. I'm lucky my local patch is only a 10 minute walk away and is also a SSSI site :)

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

That explains it Buggy :D Goldie :D

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Great surprise yesterday, I went to Yarrow Valley Park the weather was lovely yet I didn't see but one Butterfly, a Peacock, so I came back to Hall-Lee=Brook in Westhoughton expecting to see (are rather hoping) a white of some kind, again nothing but Peacocks and Tortoiseshell's, although I love to see them and I took loads more pictures I was disappointed :(

I came back home thinking," that's it for a while" and I started doing things in the garden, my neighbour who lives across the drive from me came over and while we were nattering I saw a flash of blue in her edge, I told her to keep her eye on the spot where it had landed and shot in the house for my camera, to my delight has I had thought it was a Holly Blue :D

I was in a rush to take as many shots has I could before it took off again which it did quite frequently so I was in quite a hurry :D
I found out in the conversation afterwards that my neighbours had never seen a HB before and were has delighted as I was. I also found out that hidden from view behind their hedge was a holly bush :D They've promised to look after it and not cut it too much so hope fully I may even get more shots before this season ends. I've even got them interested in growing more things for Butterflies which can't be bad :D Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_8876.jpg
IMG_8868.jpg
IMG_8833.jpg
IMG_8890.jpg

MikeOxon

Post by MikeOxon »

So pleased it was still there when you got your camera! I've not seen Holly Blues yet in my garden but it can't be long now. Good that you have enthused your neighbour as well :)

Mike

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

I'm very jealous of your Holly Blue pictures Goldie, I've seen 2 now and all I've managed are quick distance underside snaps. Glad to hear you're encouraging your neighbours into important matters :)

Nick Broomer

Post by Nick Broomer »

Hi Goldie,

lovely photos of the male Holly Blue. Even though i have seen a male myself, a few days ago, the Holly Blue is quite rare where i live. So getting a photo of this beautiful insect will prove rather difficult. So well done, and thank you for sharing your good fortune with us.

All the best, Nick.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great stuff Goldie, lovely shots of a very awkward butterfly, more of a Hairstreak than a Blue :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Personal Diaries”