Easter Weather

Discussion forum for discussing the weather, both now and predicted!
Willrow

Easter Weather

Post by Willrow »

Generally good forecast up to and during the Easter Holidays, at least dry with some sunny spells, temperatures expected to hit the high teens with moderately light winds. The bright clear skies will mean widespread grass frosts over the next couple of nights/mornings. I'm hoping to check out the Marsh Fritillary larvae at Aberbargoed Grasslands, South Wales either tomorrow or Wednesday and hope the frost doesn't put them 'low', I'm rather partial to accommodating cats :wink:

Its more like early May here in South Wales than mid April...blooming marvelous weather 8) Only matter for concern is the kids are on school hols and the grasslands are currently very dry and vunerable to fire, we've had some heartbreaking grass fires at critical times in the past, we can only hope that this type of environmental vandalism is a thing of the past, but it won't be for lack of trying to get the 'environmental message' into the local schools and communities, we shall stay positive and hope for another successful year...but we also know Marsh Fritillary can be fickle critters with or without negative human interference!!!

Bill :D
Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
David M

Re: Easter Weather

Post by David M »

It's set fair Tuesday and Wednesday, Bill, but the Easter weekend is still subject to confirmation....certainly here in S. Wales where you know only too well that the topography can render BBC forecasts redundant less than 24 hours in advance.

Here's hoping.

We both have lots to do and I'll be crestfallen if no opportunities present themselves between Maundy Thursday and the following Tuesday.
Last edited by David M on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maverick

Re: Easter Weather

Post by maverick »

I will be in North Wales for the weekend ,last Fri when I made a flying visit I'm sure I spotted a holly blue but if its still there I will get it on the camara
So it going to be visits to the the Great Orm and the Little Orm,plus Abergele beach
Just hope the cold wind stays away

Return to “Weather”