A really marvelous site!

Let us know what you think of the UK Butterflies website, and tell us something about yourself!
Sue Wright

A really marvelous site!

Post by Sue Wright »

I can't believe just how very informative this site is and I've still not seen half of it. The part I like best is, where possible, seeing photos of each stage of a Butterflies life, it's amazing how they start off, then to see the next part and so on.

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction Pete, I'm so pleased you did. I've much to learn, but already I've found so much that I wasn't aware of.

A brilliant site and I'm so pleased to be part of it.

Sue.
Clancy

Post by Clancy »

Hi Sue and welcome from another new member.
Sue Wright

Post by Sue Wright »

Hi Clancy and thank you very much indeed. It's good to know I'm not the only new one, nice to get a welcome too, so welcome to you also.

Thanks again Clancy,

Sue.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Hi Sue!

Welcome!

Make sure you regularly visit the forums... they're a bit quiet in the winter months, but there's no better way of learning whats about right now and where to go!

Chris
Clancy

Post by Clancy »

Sue Wright wrote:Hi Clancy and thank you very much indeed. It's good to know I'm not the only new one, nice to get a welcome too, so welcome to you also.

Thanks again Clancy,

Sue.
Thanks for the welcome Sue. Yes, the site is extremely informative but the forums are pretty stagnant. I noticed in the guest book, where new members introduce themselves that very few are welcomed by other members, which is a shame because it tends to make me think that not many people browse the site or that the members are introverts. Good to get a message though because it does make you feel welcome. :)
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

I think the forums are pretty active - especially in the summer. For some reason, the Guestbook isn't particularly active. No idea why though!

As already mentioned though, things do quieten down over the winter months!

Cheers,

- Pete
Denise

Post by Denise »

Hi Sue and Clancy,

I have never looked in the guest book until now, so sorry for not greeting you before.
I enjoy the main forum. It is reliable and tells you "what's on and where".
I hope that you both get as much out of it as I do.

Denise
Sue Wright

Post by Sue Wright »

Hi Chris, Clancy, Pete and Denise,

Thank you all very much, I feel quite at home now. :D Pete's right though Clancy, the forums do buzz much more in the summer, it's just that until now I've been a little shy of posting. That could easily change though.

Thanks to all, Sue.
Mike Young

Post by Mike Young »

Susan, a late but sincere welcome from me too :D I have to say that compared to several other forums I visit, this one is relatively quiet.
There are times when one gets no reply or it takes a few days to get one, more recently though it has become a bit busier.
Regards Mike
Gwenhwyfar
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Gwenhwyfar »

Better late than never - Welcome to the forum Sue, it's great to have a few more ladies signing up. :)
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Even later from me. :) never the less, welcome! I guess I ought to post my own intoduction too!

Dave
Sue Wright

Post by Sue Wright »

Mike Young wrote:Susan, a late but sincere welcome from me too :D
Sorry Mike, but that's NOT my name! However, I'm known for my forgiveness - once at least!:wink:

Many thanks Mike (I'm sure I know you from elsewhere :D ):wink:) Gwenhyfar and Dave, so very kind of each of you, though in all honesty I know the guest book isn't really a board for welcoming - but I've certainly got to know a lot of people very quickly from it and it's encouraged me to put my first thread re an ID on, so a good outcome! So thank you all very much indeed.

Sue.
Mike Young

Post by Mike Young »

Sorry Sue, I know several Sue's who should be Susan and vica versa if you get what I mean. :?
A serious case of utter confusion here....or maybe just a senior moment :D
Cheers

Mike

PS. I go by the name of mikeakabigman on other forums.
Regards Mike
Sue Wright

Post by Sue Wright »

You're forgiven Mike, no problem.

I was thinking of BF as there's a Mike Young there (Moths), maybe there are 2 of you, though that may be a bad thing! :lol: :wink: Only joking. As to the senior moment, I'm not saying a word as I get a few junior senior ones myself. :cry:

Tale care.

Sue.

Return to “Guestbook”