Looking forward to some good spring weather

Discussion forum for discussing the weather, both now and predicted!
Willrow

Looking forward to some good spring weather

Post by Willrow »

The forecast for the next few days is encouraging, sunshine and far less cold winds. The May Day Bank Holiday weather is perhaps even...(whisper it!!!)...warmer ah! what a wonderful word, just bring on the butterflies and we'll all be well and truly warmed up. Lets have a marvelous May, we really do need one now :P

Bill :D
Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: Looking forward to some good spring weather

Post by Wurzel »

I hope you haven't gone and jinxed it - should a low pressure system settle from Friday through til July I know who to point the finger at :wink: :lol:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
millerd

Post by millerd »

Of course, should it turn out nice over the coming days, the question will be where to go first? :? Everything could appear at once!

Dave
Willrow

Post by Willrow »

Wurzel wrote:I hope you haven't gone and jinxed it - should a low pressure system settle from Friday through til July I know who to point the finger at :wink: :lol:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Jinxed it Wurzel...never...I've just arranged for next weeks temperatures to soar into the twenties 8) :lol: We'll all have butterflies round the clock, gotta lot of catching up to do... :wink:

Willrow

Post by Willrow »

My wife informs me that this Spring is officially the coldest for thirty years :roll: Over this Spring Bank Holiday the weather has gone from one extreme to the other, Saturday and Sunday were great, proper Spring weather, it was bliss butterflying on Rodborough Common yesterday...today its back to wind, rain and grey :( Why is our weather so erratic? I don't think the Met Office knows anymore than we do, its very frustrating for people like ourselves, we wait and plan for Summer days butterflying throughout our long Winter and then have to put up with all this miserable stuff...but I refuse to let it all take the edge off my optimism, we are due (in fact owed!!!) a good spell of fine weather...how about a flaming June 8) does that sound good to you...

David M

Post by David M »

Willrow wrote:My wife informs me that this Spring is officially the coldest for thirty years :roll: Over this Spring Bank Holiday the weather has gone from one extreme to the other, Saturday and Sunday were great, proper Spring weather, it was bliss butterflying on Rodborough Common yesterday...today its back to wind, rain and grey :( Why is our weather so erratic? I don't think the Met Office knows anymore than we do, its very frustrating for people like ourselves, we wait and plan for Summer days butterflying throughout our long Winter and then have to put up with all this miserable stuff...but I refuse to let it all take the edge off my optimism, we are due (in fact owed!!!) a good spell of fine weather...how about a flaming June 8) does that sound good to you...
It may have been cold, but at least we've had a fair few sunny days this April and May, Bill.

Last year, apart from those glorious few days towards the end of May, not only was it cool but it was persistently wet as well.

With the sun now high in the sky, all it takes is for the clouds to break to make it feel very pleasant indeed.

This coming week's weather looks odd again with the south east being cool and wet whilst more south-western parts enjoy a respite.

Return to “Weather”