Which camera please?

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Marc Heath

Which camera please?

Post by Marc Heath »

I am currently using a Canon 500d slr camera and whilst happy with it, I think I have taken it as far as I can. Photos using this camera can be viewed at www.marcheath.blogspot.com. I would like in the near future to think about upgrading my camera and would like to spend no more than £800. I was thinking of a Canon 50 or 60d but would I really notice the quality difference. Thanks in advance for some help.

Marc
MikeOxon

Re: Which camera please?

Post by MikeOxon »

Marc Heath wrote:whilst happy with it, I think I have taken it as far as I can.
So, what do you want to do that this camera prevents? If you can answer that, it will help decide what would help you to move on. Is it really the camera or are your lenses the limiting factor?

You could also look at this thread: viewtopic.php?t=6667&start=1000 A Canon 7D might be just within your budget and is as good as it gets in APS-size format.

Mike
Steve Babbs

Post by Steve Babbs »

It's not really a matter of quality difference: it's more a case of improved frames per sec, focusing speed, weather-proofing etc.

I had a 500D and thought it was a very good camera; indeed I've kept it as a spare body. When I did upgrade the 7D was the obvious choice.
Marc Heath

Post by Marc Heath »

I often bird with a friend who has a Canon 60d and when taking butterfly shots, his always seem to have a much better quality about them on the camera and when published, they seem to be of a much higher quality. I suppose i just want a much crisper image but I can certainly see the difference in quality. As for lenses, i use a Canon f4 300 mm lens with a Canon 25mm extender which performs very well i think. See the butterfly shots on my blog.

Marc

Return to “Photography”