silver washed frits

e.garnett

silver washed frits

Post by e.garnett »

hi

was thinking of traveling down to the wyre forest on tues ,i belive its a top site for swf ,does anyone know wether there still on the wing , or am i to late .spotted a few in the lakes on friday but thought since the wyre forrest is a 5 star site it might be worth the effort ,bit of a journey to be dissapointed ,would appreciate any info were to find them to thanks

best

eric
eccles

Post by eccles »

For what it's worth, I saw SWF at Hatch Hill and Great Breach Wood in Somerset today. Oddly, at one point a male was sharing a meadow with chalkhill blues. It was feeding off knapweed and scabious. Shame it was dead touchy about approach and I failed to get a shot of it.
e.garnett

Post by e.garnett »

hi pete

thanks for the info ,iam hoping for a good day, since this years been just the worst, ive only been able to get out a handful of times ,and not got a great deal, although i did see a purple emp at ferymn woods, that a first for me ,anyway fingers crossed

best

eric
eccles

Post by eccles »

Saw a few more at Red Lodge Wood in Wiltshire today, looking a little worn at that location but still flying so looking hopeful for you.
e.garnett

Post by e.garnett »

hi pete

thanks for your reply, finished up in wyre froest ,some good advice form the rangers, saw lots of swf all to fast and to worn on a very hot day , still got a pair mating which werent to bad with the last shot of the day thanks for your replys

best

eric

Return to “General”