Exif information

Comments on the website and discussion forums, including enhancement requests and bug reports.
JohnR

Exif information

Post by JohnR »

Is there anyway of preserving EXIF metadata when we upload a picture to this site? My resized image ready for uploading still has the Exif info in it but when the picture is posted I can find no way to read it. Maybe it's my browser? The reason I ask is that I could learn a lot from the excellent quality of other people's pictures if only I could see what lens and camera settings were used.
MikeOxon

Re: Exif information

Post by MikeOxon »

You may need an 'add-on' or 'plug-in' for your browser. I use Firefox with the EXIF Viewer 1.8 extension. Go to the Tools/Add-ons menu to see what is available.

I often look at the EXIF info on posts on this site to see what type of camera was used but, if the 'save for web' option in Photoshop was used, it strips out the info. I usually add camera details in the 'File comment' field when posting.

Mike
JohnR

Re: Exif information

Post by JohnR »

There I was thinking that it was the site's fault and all the time it was me and my browser. Thanks for the tip. btw how did you know I used Firefox?

Return to “Website Comments”