Purple Emperor at Fermyn Woods

Discussion forum for sightings.
Lance

Purple Emperor at Fermyn Woods

Post by Lance »

My first trip to Fermyn woods yesterday on the off chance of seeing my first PE in the wild. There were plenty flying around the tree tops and during a sunny spell one male settled on the path and posed nicely for photographs. He then proceeded to fly around our little group and finally settled on my boot and also the boots of two of our party.
I think they like leather boots :lol:
Also spotted were White Admirals nectaring on the blossoms of bramble on the sunny rides.
Although White letter hairstreaks are also found in the woods I did not spot any. Lots of ringlets, speckled wood, comma, holly blue and whites.
All in all a superb afternoon and one to remember. :D
Thankyou to the knowledgeable gentleman I met when i arrived who was able to point me in the right direction/s. :wink:
Regards Lance
Trev Sawyer
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Trev Sawyer »

Looks like Dave Tipping and I definitely DID pick the worst day of the week on Wednesday then (see the "Sites" thread) :cry:

Still, as they say, "the sun shines on the righteous" - maybe there's a lesson in there somewhere :wink:

Trev
Lance

Post by Lance »

Sorry about that Dave and Trevor. I don't know about the righteous but I certainly could'nt believe my luck. it was pretty cloudy for the most part except for the odd sunny interval. :wink:
Regards Lance

Return to “Sightings”