Butterfly Valley in Turkey

Discussion forum for any overseas items (given that this is a "UK" butterflies forum!).
Susie

Butterfly Valley in Turkey

Post by Susie »

Has anyone here been to Butterfly Valley in Turkey? If so, what did you think of it and when is the best time of year to visit?
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: Butterfly Valley in Turkey

Post by Wurzel »

Vince wrote about this in his trip report (here on the website in the articles section) so you might want to try messaging him? Hope this helps? :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Vince Massimo
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Vince Massimo »

Hi Susie,

I saw your post just as I was going out, otherwise I would have replied earlier.

I went to Olu Deniz in May 2010 but did not actually get to Butterfly Valley. However there is some information about it (as well as other butterfly spots) in my report viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4170 . There was also a mini report posted by Jo in June 2011 viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5315 and there was an earlier topic which I opened in 2010 which also contains some details viewtopic.php?f=20&t=3904 .

If you need any information specifically about Olu Deniz, I can provide that as well if you send me a PM.

Vince
Susie

Post by Susie »

Many thanks, Wurzel and Vince. Looks like if I go I'll have to stay over night.
legless2007

Post by legless2007 »

Hi

I go quite a lot and stayed over last year and had a great time. You really do need to stay overnight as after lunchtime you don't get any more of the boat trips and you can take your time in the valley without hundreds of people on flip flops on a route march to the waterfall.

The bungalows are very comfortable indeed and the food is great. I went mid June last year.

my not very good report is here

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5315

my flickr set

http://www.flickr.com/photos/legless200 ... 936295800/

Jo

Return to “Overseas”