bricket wood

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
Dave Mac

bricket wood

Post by Dave Mac »

If the weather is ok I intend to visit Bricket wood near Watford tomorrow. This is mainly because its just down the road from where I live and there have been recent reports of a silver washed fritillary and some white admirals both of which would be new to me.
However its quite a large area so I don’t have a clue where to look for the bugs. Could any of the forum members who are familiar with the area point me in the right direction?
Cheers
Dave
Dave Mac

Post by Dave Mac »

Well, I visited Bricket wood as promised and after a couple of hours tramping around the footpaths I stumbled across an area that looked like prime white admiral habitat. I sat down and waited and after a few minutes a couple of white admirals duly arrived and one eventually landed. As a bonus there was also a white letter hairstreak (unless I’ve got the identification wrong) on the same bramble bush.

Cheers
Dave
Trev Sawyer
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Trev Sawyer »

Well done for finding the white admiral... I haven't seen any this year yet.
NB: the second shot is a Purple Hairstreak.

Trev
Dave Mac

Post by Dave Mac »

Thanks Trev, my identification skills are legendary ie they don’t exist in real life
Cheers
Dave
Bryan H

Post by Bryan H »

Dave Mac wrote:Thanks Trev, my identification skills are legendary ie they don’t exist in real life
Cheers
Dave
:lol:

Bryan

Return to “Sites”