Clouded Yellow - Favourite Photo of 2011

celery

Clouded Yellow - Favourite Photo of 2011

Post by celery »

A thread in which to post your favourite photo(s) taken in 2011 of Clouded Yellow.

Part of a series inspred by ChrisC's thread about 'Favourite Photos' and hopefully growing throughout the winter until all 58 British species have been covered.

Details of places, dates, times and circumstances also appreciated. Feel free to contribute observations of behaviour, personal encounters, anecdotes, anything really... :)
Six day weekends, one day pauses.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16155010@N04/
marmari

Re: Clouded Yellow - Favourite Photo of 2011

Post by marmari »

I must admit that this is one species I have great difficulty in approaching in order to get a pic.As for my favourite photo of a CY,well I only have two and this is the better one,I think.
This one was snapped in Greece,at the end of May. and there was certainly no shortage of these butterflies flying around at the time.
Sightings of the Clouded yellow on the isle of Wight are usually limited to one a year.My only sighting this year was near to the coast on a very windy day on the 19th September.it was a very light coloured individual,just an off-white but no doubt a CY.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I love this photo because it's another 1st for me. I'd never seen a CY before and although it's got the blade of grass in the photo, to me it takes nothing away from the fact it's in a natural surrounding with the plants etc. The photo was taken in July at Seasalter Kent. Goldie M :)
Attachments
Clouded Yellow Seasalter 2nd July 2011 118.JPG
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I went to Alners Gorse for the first time this year (in August) and after some stunning views of both male and female Brown Hairstreak the little beauty below showed up as a total surprise! It allowed me to get right up in it's grill and just sat there while I clicked away. I honestly didn't think I'd being seeing one of these for a fair few years it at all!
Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm lens, set to Macro
Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm lens, set to Macro
Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Clouded Yellow”