Good forecast for the South East

Discussion forum for discussing the weather, both now and predicted!
millerd

Good forecast for the South East

Post by millerd »

The current weather forecast for the next few days doesn't look too bad - for London and the SE at any rate. 20 degrees (maybe more), some sun and southerly breezes. There could be a few more Clouded Yellows about blown across the Channel, and maybe the odd third brood Common Blue, Small Copper, Brown Argus and Wall.

Unfortunately, I have a weekend in Somerset coming up, where it won't be quite so clement.

Dave
David M

Re: Good forecast for the South East

Post by David M »

Trust me to pick this weekend to go to the Isle of Man. :(

Clouded Yellows have been on my mind for a few weeks now and I reckon anyone living in the south east could potentially experience the best weekend of the year for seeing them this Saturday and Sunday.

Good luck.
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

I think the Davids could be right. I'm expecting some UK-born Clouded Yellows to start emerging fairly soon too. There's been a steady trickle of CYs through Sussex since late July ..... and they only ever came to lay eggs. :D
Neil
millerd

Post by millerd »

Keep us posted, Neil. It was worth taking a day off work two years ago to see the hundreds near Beachy Head, and it would be again.

Dave
Gibster

Post by Gibster »

Oooh, I'm heading to Arne in Dorset on Sunday, then Cornwall and Scilly in mid October. Fingers crossed!!!

Gibster.
Raising £10,000 for Butterfly Conservation by WALKING 1200 miles from Land's End to John O'Groats!!!
See http://www.justgiving.com/epicbutterflywalk or look up Epic Butterfly Walk on Facebook.
Neil Hulme

Post by Neil Hulme »

Hi Dave/all,
Will keep you up-to-date if any CY appear. I'm optimistic.
Neil

Return to “Weather”