some recent shots

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
daveyboy

some recent shots

Post by daveyboy »

Hi all,
I havent posted anything on here for a while so I thought I should! Here are some recent shots....all these are natural light with a tripod. Sigma 150mm macro and 40D for the MF's and GHS and Bigma 50-500mm and 40D for the SPBF's.

1Green Hairstreak

2 Marsh Frits

3 Marsh Frit again

4 and again

5 Small pearl bordered Frits

6 and again

7 and again!

8 last one
Padfield
Administrator
Administrator

Re: some recent shots

Post by Padfield »

6 is a brilliant shot. That's already four more selene than I've seen so far this year - it's not a common butterfly in Switzerland.

Guy
Guy's Butterflies: https://www.guypadfield.com
The Butterflies of Villars-Gryon : https://www.guypadfield.com/villarsgryonbook.html
55bloke

Post by 55bloke »

Stunning!! But I've often wondered how on earth you use a tripod to shoot butterflies!? Don't they just fly off long before you can set it up?
Roger Gibbons

Post by Roger Gibbons »

I concur completely – no. 6 is an exceptional shot, worthy of winning any “more than one” competition. I would be interested to know what type of tripod you use.

The selene are so fresh and orange, too. It is a strange butterfly in my patch in SE France in that it doesn’t occur there for some reason, and I am lucky to see one on my travels to and from the UK and have never had the chance to get a decent photo. Conversely, fritillaries are generally very common in the region and Boloria euphrosyne (PBF) is often very common in the pre-Alps. In one place this year I saw seven different fritillaries in 200m along a track, including over 50 euphrosyne and even more unusually 25 Queen of Spain (Issoria lathonia). But no selene. One day I will find out why.
GOLDENORFE

Post by GOLDENORFE »

very good shots!

like the last 2 frames best. havnt seen many fritts this year

phil

Return to “Photography”