Kev Ling

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
kevling

Re: Kev Ling

Post by kevling »

Magog Down - 4th June 2023

I paid a visit to Cambridge and the stunning Magog Down. Rolling hills of wildflower and the home of Small Blue. I had not encountered Small Blue in any great number before and the previous weekend had seen a count of 100. During my visit I saw 50 and had a personal audience with Britain's smallest butterfly. Whist trying to photograph on example, a couple landed on my hand and for twenty minutes refused to leave (not that I was complaining). They were even exploring the inside of my rucksack, so a thorough check was needed before departure to ensure I didn't take any unwanted hitchhikers home with me.
IMG_E4438.JPG
IMG_4436.JPG
IMG_E4474.JPG
IMG_4427.JPG
IMG_E4445.JPG
Kind Regards
Kev
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

"so a thorough check was needed before departure to ensure I didn't take any unwanted hitchhikers home with me." - beats having to check for Ticks :wink: 8) Sometimes Small Blues can be the most approachable of butterflies. lovely set of shots :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Small Blues are engaging butterflies, Kev. They regularly inspect humans (and their belongings) for anything which is of interest to them.

Love the shot of the pair of them on your hand. :mrgreen:
kevling

Post by kevling »

A few more Small Blues, this time in our local Ipswich Park in early June.
For a change they seemed quite photogenic and I was luck enough to find my first pair in copulation as well as my first ovum (there were quite a large number on a single Kidney Vetch plant).
IMG_E4584.JPG
IMG_E4585.JPG
Landseer Park - 10.6 (1).JPG
Landseer Park - 10.6 (7).JPG
IMG_4618.JPG
Regards Kev
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great set of shots Kev especially the second one - what a cracker :D 8) :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Personal Diaries”