A Home For Butterflies

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Butterfly_Julian

Re: A Home For Butterflies

Post by Butterfly_Julian »

Hi Phil, truly an amazing project you have got there.
Plenty of info i can gain form you wonderful website. We are in the process of buying a little cottage with about 1/2 an acre of land on the outskirts of rural village in north east Essex (been living on a yacht for 5 years). Its been my dream to do something similar to what you have achieved (on a smaller scale) for many years now. Maybe in touch with some questions / advice if that's ok.
Julian
Phil Bowler

Post by Phil Bowler »

Thank you, David. I will definitely post that shot. Must get on to it, time is running out!
Phil Bowler

Post by Phil Bowler »

Butterfly_Julian wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:45 pm Hi Phil, truly an amazing project you have got there.
Plenty of info i can gain form you wonderful website. We are in the process of buying a little cottage with about 1/2 an acre of land on the outskirts of rural village in north east Essex (been living on a yacht for 5 years). Its been my dream to do something similar to what you have achieved (on a smaller scale) for many years now. Maybe in touch with some questions / advice if that's ok.
Julian
I am really struggling to get to grips with editing posts etc. on this site, so bear with me, Julian if this isn't quite right. I thought I had replied to your post but it would appear not. Yes, by all means ask away!
Phil Bowler

Post by Phil Bowler »

David M wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:45 pm Lovely, uplifting story, Phil. Your instincts proved correct.

You should enter your last image in the annual photography competition that's just been launched. Can't be too many Clouded Yellow pairs captured with both sexes' showing their upperwings simultaneously....and with the female a helice!! :mrgreen:
Thank you, David, and I will enter the shot into the annual competition. Must do it soon, time is running out!

How do I reply to someone's message without having to use their quote? I've done it before but just cant see how to do it!!!!!!
David M

Post by David M »

Glad you've entered it, Phil. Along with Millerd's in flight Brimstone pair that is one of my favourite images posted on here this year.

As for replying without quoting....just don't click the 'quote' icon and post your own message with the individual's name at the start.

Return to “Personal Diaries”