Old Wolf

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
trevor

Re: Old Wolf

Post by trevor »

Some great shots there Old Wolf. Like Katrina a :mrgreen: for the female LTB, they've avoided me.
You don't hold the record for a dedicated LTB journey, I met a guy all the way from Darlington!
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Fantastic shots Old Wolf 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: And a right riveting read too! :D Good to see you back :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Rip-roaring stuff, Old Wolf. That would be a landmark event for just about any UK butterfly enthusiast.

You did well to get so many excellent images given how much your hands must have been shaking! :D
millerd

Post by millerd »

I could really feel the buzz of excitement and anticipation in your post, Old Wolf, and then the rush that comes with seeing what you travelled so far to see. :) Excellent photos, too, an entirely deserved reward for your efforts and no doubt immensely satisfying. I have to add a :mrgreen: for the female LTB as well, as I have yet to come away with a decent shot of one, despite having seen the species several times in recent years. :)

Cheers,

Dave
Old Wolf

Post by Old Wolf »

Thanks for the kind words everyone :D I am glad you enjoyed the read as I very much enjoyed delving into the memories from the day to get them into some sort of coherent order.

The female was a blink and miss it kind of meeting. I look forward to hopefully catching up with one properly next year if they are about again.
Old Wolf.
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

I too enjoyed reading the joy of finding your first LTB, it's a feeling that's relatively fresh with many of us with the yearly invasion being such a new phenomenon. I can attest the feeling doesn't abate even after several years of chasing them :D
Some addictions are good for the soul!

Return to “Personal Diaries”