Large Blues at Rodborough Common

Discussion forum for sightings.
SolomonGilbert

Large Blues at Rodborough Common

Post by SolomonGilbert »

I'm not sure whether anybody has clocked this yet, but the Large Blues at Rodborough are looking happy and magnificent. Saw 3-5 of them, feeding on thyme but no egg-laying/mating/courting behaviours. Relatively territorial and a good sign of things to come at that wonderful site.

I'm looking forward to both taking more photos/video and seeing the fabulous work of others x

Image is a frame from a video:
Screenshot from 2022-06-11 17-59-46 lq.png
Chris L

Re: Large Blues at Rodborough Common

Post by Chris L »

Superb ! A 'Lifer' for me. Thank you for the butterfly intelligence SG. A week of sunshine ahead, a week of annual leave and reunited with my sickly car presents opportunities for me.
Stevie Blunder

Post by Stevie Blunder »

Hi Soloman,
Here's my photo of a fresh female at Rodborough Common yesterday. Looks like she's egg laying, but not on the wild thyme.
Attachments
IMG_0581.JPG
SolomonGilbert

Post by SolomonGilbert »

Otep wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:10 pm Superb ! A 'Lifer' for me. Thank you for the butterfly intelligence SG. A week of sunshine ahead, a week of annual leave and reunited with my sickly car presents opportunities for me.
You're very welcome indeed! I hope you manage to catch a glimpse soon! I hope to bump into you some time this week at Rodborough then...

Stevie Blunder wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:12 pm Hi Soloman,
Here's my photo of a fresh female at Rodborough Common yesterday. Looks like she's egg laying, but not on the wild thyme.
Beautiful! I only spotted this on the forum after posting, but it's a fab shot and I'm sorry to have missed you down there by a mere day! That's an interesting behaviour and I'm sure I'll be seeing you on the hill soon :)

Return to “Sightings”