Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: Goldie M

Post by Wurzel »

Great set of images Goldie - particularly the final Red Admiral - it looks like it's about to leap off :D Good luck with the house hunting - I hope you asked for a garden full of Grizzlies as one of the 'must haves' :wink: :D

Have a goodun and stay safe

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

I'm presuming that Holly Blue is an elderly individual from the spring brood, Goldie. Quite amazing it's held out for so long.

Beautifully marked female Small White too. That's a really enviable specimen. :mrgreen:
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel and David, I'm in a whirlwind at present going to different area's to look round :D

The weather up to today has been rough, so no chance of seeing lots of Butterflies although I did see a Comma today which I got shots of.

I've taken my camera with me just in case I saw some thing :D

The Red Admiral Wurzel seems to arrive most days rain or shine , it's a tough individual :D

I've seen a few Holly Blues around in the Garden David but none have settled the exception being the elderly one I posted.

I'm hoping to see a few more Butterflies before I go back this week-end , if I don't , not to worry I should see loads next year fingers crossed :D Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

I hope it all comes off for you, Goldie. You're right, you should see plenty more in Kent than in the north west.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

It's been hectic here has I said house hunting but we had a rest on Friday and I went to Temple Ewell,( I tried the top field Allan :D
Thanks for your post David, I saw my reasons in more ways than one for wanting to move :D

) why I've not been in that top field through the gate before I don't know :roll:

I saw the Chalk Hills, loads of them also the Marble White and a few others I'd not seen this year so I was happy :D

Best news is I'M ON MY WAY TO SELLING but still not seen for sure what I want down here, so the cups of coffee maybe on for next year :D

Any way back once again tomorrow. Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_4335.jpeg
IMG_4352.jpeg
IMG_4360.jpeg
IMG_4369.jpeg
283CA9B3-AEA2-4DBD-A703-3516C310C38A_1_201_a.jpeg
E1B58A0C-4090-456F-AEAB-0E19BDB7C0C6.jpeg
AFCDCF96-5924-4AD6-817E-691E5CEEFFBE_1_201_a.jpeg
40C03C2E-FD70-4802-87F0-BF77A7360E69_1_201_a.jpeg
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

Hello Goldie ,
I was at Temple Ewell /Lydden on Friday as well ! was you with another lady and Gent ,and a big dog and let a chap pass coming from a lower path ........................If you did ....................That was me !
Regards Allan.W.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

That wasn't me Allan, I was there with my Daughter, no dog, if we'd taken her dog he'd have been all over the place :D Pity we could have met up :D When I get my move we probably will. :D

It was a lovely day, we ended up on the White Cliffs watching the boats and having a sandwich :D Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

Great stuff, Goldie. :) You're already knee-deep in butterflies you wouldn't see up north.

Best of luck with the sale.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely Marbled Whites and Chalkhills Goldie :D 8) Good to see you're on the way and getting in the butterflies as well! 8)

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many thanks David and Wurzel, I'm in the middle of trying to sort things out here but boy as it been hot, not my kind of weather when it's too hot :roll:
The Butterflies are early rises these days because of the heat, they were flying around my Buddleia Tree's at 8am this week, I didn't see them after that until 4pm when they returned and the last one I saw was about 8pm, I've only taken a few shots because of the heat, hope fully I'll get a few more in the garden before the weather turns wet again :D Goldie :D
Attachments
0B8E87DC-FC0C-45CE-B370-E72556FAD1C7.jpeg
5B71A718-8AF6-40C6-A25C-0AF2ECCE5E3F.jpeg
E76F4885-AE81-4145-880F-6D808DBC6C9E.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

This year the weather has been odder than usual - dry, cold April, cool and damp May, June was a bit of a wash out and now tropical heat :shock: It's been a right pain for butterflies as they zip about all over the place at breakneck speed so hanging a round the Buddleia looks like the best plan Goldie, love the Small Tort shot - the orange against the purple is cracking :D

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

You're right, Goldie. This weather IS too hot. I'm actually quite pleased my quarantine coincides with it as butterflies are thin on the ground and it's too stifling to go walking anywhere anyway.

I've noticed a few flying round the gardens in the mornings but it's actually around 5-6pm when the heat is greatest, so once early afternoon arrives they have been disappearing for the day.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, all I seem to be doing at present is getting out of peoples way whilst the House is shown :D

I take photos in-between but they're mostly Small Tort's or Large White's :D I think hope fully I'll be on the move shortly back down to Kent looking around again. :D

Hi! David, we're expecting rain here on Tuesday, it's been so hot, we got back here Last Sunday and it's been hot with not a drop of rain ever since, I never thought I'd love to see the rain and get the umbrella out :D

I'm afraid the only shots I'm getting on and off or Small Torts not much variety at present with the exception of a Peacock that flew in a couple of days ago, loads of Whites though nearly all too busy to land :D

Last Wednesday evening I looked out-side before I went to bed because the moon was strange, it'd been so hot that day that the Moon seemed to reflect the heat of the day and was an Orange colour, it wasn't a full moon but really looked great so I just had to post it, along with my shots once more of the Small Tort's :D Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_4480.jpeg
IMG_4472.jpeg
IMG_4457.jpeg
IMG_4446.jpeg
IMG_4441.jpeg
IMG_4429.jpeg
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Keep the Small Tortoiseshell photos coming Goldie. I have barely seen any this year so am enjoying your photos! :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Looks like you've found the best place to be while people view your house Goldie, out in the garden with your camera :wink: :D I love the second Small Tort shot with it's coiled proboscis on show 8)

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks for your posts Katrina, ever since I posted the shots the weather changed, now where in the middle of a storm :roll:

Hi! Wurzel, I like that shot as well :D the Butterfly posed really good for me :D

I'd to smile yesterday, I've had to fill the bird baths up every day for them, yesterday, this Wood Pigeon sat on the edge of one and opened it's wing to take in the rain which was very heavy, you could see the relief in it's movements :D
Now I've to go out in it and it's lighting like mad, the weathers daft at present. Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

That heatwave suddenly seems a long time ago, doesn't it, Goldie?

Must admit, I'm pretty relieved myself. By mid-afternoon I was sweating even when I was just sitting on my sofa doing nothing!

The rain has saved me spending ages watering my plants too!

Probably a bit more comfortable for the butterflies as well. I daresay there'll be even more in your garden when the sun comes out.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! David, sorry for not answering you sooner but I've been busy sorting stuff out, I've sold my Bungalow so it's all systems go from now on :D It's been lovely here for the last couple of days except late last night we'd a thunder storm but at least that sticky heat as gone.

I've taken a few shots when I've had the chance but all from the Garden and I'm back in Kent next week so not too much time for any thing else we'll be property hunting :D Hope fully I'll get the chance to get a few shots of Butterflies in as well. :D Goldie :D
Attachments
04D70387-94E8-4C9D-A533-A7993BF3427A.jpeg
853951A4-B82A-4C77-A885-8FAECC468C67.jpeg
0CEE53B3-0563-433C-A6FF-B40D35C02339.jpeg
FF272681-BB10-4797-9662-ECB84CE22B4D.jpeg
0AD2AA1B-E8D0-487B-8017-7A474A1BF372.jpeg
B6E3B322-F38F-4140-AFBD-2201B21CB597.jpeg
2E032913-0687-47D1-93BF-9011854D4A43.jpeg
54871258-02F6-45A5-A69C-CFE5897C4B9D.jpeg
millerd

Post by millerd »

A lovely selection there, Goldie - I particularly like the Green-veined White, which has lovely bold markings.

Congratulations on your house sale - that must be a great weight off your mind! :) Onward down to Kent... :)

Cheers,

Dave
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That's cracking news about the sale Goldie :D Make sure you take your camera with you when you view properties - I saw that there was a Camberwell Beauty in Kent the other day and also most of the good butterflies are often in other people's gardens :wink: :lol:

Wurzel

Return to “Personal Diaries”