New member - Peregrine3004

Let us know what you think of the UK Butterflies website, and tell us something about yourself!
Vince Massimo
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

New member - Peregrine3004

Post by Vince Massimo »

Introducing new member Graham (Peregrine3004). (Post moved from another location).

"Hi guys. I'm relatively new to all this but have had a knowledge of the commoner butterflies down the years while principally being a birder. However, recently this year, I've decided to go for the 'full 59?' UK butterfly list 'in the time of coronavirus'. Not GG Marquez!

So, Im currently on 19. DofB, two Skippers and Green Hairstreak recently acquired on the Chiltern escarpment. I'm planning three weeks intensive work over the next three and a bit months with the first late May/early June necessarily involving trips to the I.o.W. for Glanville, N.I. for the Cryptic and Argyll etc. for Cheqered Skipper (as long as Nicola allows me over the border!). But, looking at flight times, my first real target should be P-b F. and I'd prefer to see that beauty prior to heading north.

So, living in Watford, where would correspondents recommend I might go to on a day-trip on a sunny afternoon in southern England where I might have a really good chance of seeing P-b F., as opposed to a site where they might have been recorded only occasionally?

Saw about ten Grizzled Skippers on Thursday last week on Bison Hill. Along with about 40 Duke of Burgundys. In two sunny gullies leading down from the escarpment."

Thanks in anticipation,

Graham

Return to “Guestbook”