Website Enhancements

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
bugmadmark

Re: Website Enhancements

Post by bugmadmark »

Hi Pete

I just wanted to say that i am a newbie to your site so i cant really make much of a contibution just yet. However, whilst it is good to be constructively critical and strive for improvements, i wanted to say that i am (as a new user) very impressed with what ive seen so far. Ive had some very interesting chats via this sites forum pages and learnt a lot already - its reinspired my love for butterfly photgraphy - i know this becasue since i subscribed a few days ago, ive dusted off a number of books, been out and about looking for butterflies, ordered some Pentax papilio binoculars and a book on britains wildflowers etc, Im savinf for the much needed Macro lens and I've had comments from my wife on am I having a midlife crisis now (I thruned 40 in May). I know its not a midlife crisis or Id be taking up golf instead ;-). Instead, my reinspiration came about after a combination meeting Sir David Attenborough in February at the Natural history Museum, my 9 year olds own enthusiasm plus stumbling across this site whilst trying to find out about Purple Emporer locations! keep up the good work. Thank you! Mark.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Thanks for you very kind message Mark - messages like this keep me going!

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
alex mclennan

Post by alex mclennan »

Hi Pete
Re interviews, how about Richard Lewington?
Alex
KeynvorLogosenn

Post by KeynvorLogosenn »

It may be a bit late now, but just to add, can you consider the accessability of using a screen reader on your site. For example when you are saying where the sites are, have them labled on a picture by all means, but maybe discribe it in words too. Screen readers cant read Java either :(
Mouse
KeynvorLogosenn

Post by KeynvorLogosenn »

Oh by the way I forgot to mention that your home page is excellent, one of the easiest to understand, Welldone keep up the good work.
if you want ideas about this side of the design, dont hesitate to ask or contact me, I will be more than happy to talk to you about it :D
Mouse :D

Return to “General”