Susie

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Susie

Re: Susie

Post by Susie »

It's been quite a while since I've been butterflying but a trip to Denbies Hillside this morning turned up a good few species; green hairstreak, dingy skipper, brown argus, common blue, Adonis Blue, small heath and a beautiful small copper. Hopefully numbers here will continue to build.
millerd

Post by millerd »

Good to hear from you, Susie! Was there some sunshine down there at Denbies, as it has been resolutely cloudy here today, and I'm not very far north of Denbies... I wish I'd known or I'd have been down there too! :)

Cheers,

Dave
Susie

Post by Susie »

Hi Dave! :D

It was mainly cloudy, I got there at about 10 and was wandering around for an hour without seeing anything as it was cool and overcast. Then the sun came out intermittently and so did the butterflies ....but they were flying fast and not really stopping. Then it grew overcast so I left at about lunchtime.

It will be lovely to catch up with you and some of the rest of you on here. :)
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Good to see you back Susie :D I was chuffed to get my name down for the Social first :wink: 8)

Have a goodun

Wurzel
NickMorgan

Post by NickMorgan »

Good to see you back Suzie. Coincidentally, I am back after a couple of years' break from posting. I have still been chasing butterflies, but just haven't had the time to share what I have seen. I have a lot of catching up to do.
trevor

Post by trevor »

Good to see you back on here, Susie.
I will never forget meeting you walking up Cotley Hill as I was heading down.

Have a great season.
Trevor.
Susie

Post by Susie »

Happy New Year folks! I'm likely to be off to pastures new in 2021, leaving my beloved garden and Sussex behind, but I did get a late bonus of a brown hairstreak in my garden on 29th September this year.

[attachment=0]IMG_20200929_091816.jpg[/attachment
Attachments
IMG_20200929_091816.jpg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That is a cracking Garden Tick Susie :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Good luck wherever it is you're heading and have a great New Year :D

Have a goodun and stay safe

Wurzel

Return to “Personal Diaries”