Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
essexbuzzard

Re: Goldie M

Post by essexbuzzard »

Great sighting, and pictures, of the Wall, Goldie!

Speedy recovery from your foot injury , what are we going to do with you!

If you don’t get Grizzled Skippers this time, don’t give up. I recon you have every chance at the end of May.
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:...that's what I've fractured :roll: It's doing okay though, no crutches now and another week and a half and hope fully the shoe's off
I'm counting the hours down for you, Goldie. Hopefully, by early May Bank Holiday you'll be right.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many thanks Wurzel,essex,David, Looks like I could be here another week or so yet , my family have been great but I don't want to turn into the Mother-in-law who stayed too Long :lol: besides which i'm too independent and like my own way too much!!! :D
Luckily I've got an open train ticket so as soon has I'm steady enough I'll be off :D Hope fully with some more Butterfly shots :D
Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Hopefully you'll bag a Grizzlies before you set off homewards :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
millerd

Post by millerd »

That really is a splendid Wall from Reculver, Goldie - and you really are not letting that foot slow you down, are you?! :)

I hope it mends quickly or you'll be stuck in Kent for the summer - I can think of worse places to be from a butterfly perspective to be honest! :)

Cheers,

Dave
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel and Dave, every thing as slowed now because the holidays are over and my family 's back at work, so I'm unable at present to wander about , ( a fact my Daughter believes will help the foot :lol: )

I've been doing Jig -saw's today which they've found for me ( any thing to keep me quiet ) :lol: It's still cool and I did go into Blean Woods this morning but nothing was seen, lovely bird song though :D too cold!!!!!

I watched my Grandson playing Rugby yesterday so the day wasn't a total loss his team won :D I stayed in the car too watch :D

The wind was wild :D I've just enjoyed a rather large glass of wine , Well!!!! one has to console ones self :lol: Goldie :D
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

Hello Goldie,
Thought you may be interested to know ,the first Grizzles from Dungeness reported today (2) and Small Coppers are probably at their peak(first brood ) at Dungeness ,I also found my first Grizzle of the year at my local site.
Regards Allan.W.
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:...I've just enjoyed a rather large glass of wine , Well!!!! one has to console ones self :lol:
Think you deserve the full bottle after what you've been through lately, Goldie. :)

Here's hoping you get back to normal some time soon so you can get back out unassisted.
ernie f

Post by ernie f »

Goldie - Hope you are mending better and better each day. If the butterflies are not forthcoming then wine is the ideal substitute! And if your jigsaws are of pictures of butterflies - even better!
Ernie F
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks so much for your post's Allan, Dave, ernie, The weather here has been very cloudy and cold I've not been able to get out much :roll:
My Daughter has taken me up to Blean Woods in the morning(she works in the afternoon's) but there's not been a sign of any thing
I went up there today and the Sun was out but again, nothing, I'm here until next week when I see the Doctor at the Hospital so it's a Bank Holiday and I'm hoping the weather will be better and we can venture further a field :D ( other wise it's back to the wine) :lol: Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Careful on the wine Goldie or you could end up staying even longer :wink: :D I keep reading your PD hoping to see a Grizzlie or two, my fingers have been crossed so long I'm starting to get cramp now :wink:

Havea goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, it's more like uncrossing the fingers and praying instead :lol:
If I don't see one whilst I'm here I've another chance at the end of May when I go to Eastbourne for a few days :D I've told my Sister-in-Law," I'm going even if I've to wear the shoe :lol: " Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Good plan having a back-up visit in the pipeline :wink: :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

I'm here until next week when I see the Doctor at the Hospital so it's a Bank Holiday and I'm hoping the weather will be better and we can venture further a field :D ( other wise it's back to the wine)
The only real consolation for you, Goldie, is that the weather has been quite poor. Imagine having this temporary handicap in a heatwave with butterflies everywhere!
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks for your posts Wurzel and David,

If every thing goes okay with my foot Wurzel and I miss the Grizzled Skipper this year I'll just have to wait until next year :roll:
If I get my foot better and it's looking that way I've got the rest of the Summer a head of me :D Who knows what I'll find!!!!! :D

Hi! David, your right about the weather, when I've looked outside in the mornings and it's been dull that's been my thoughts " I'm not missing any thing" , :roll: hope fully when I get home I'll have loads in the Garden :D Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

At last, I've got some Butterflies to post :lol: They may not be the Grizzled Skipper I'm looking for but after days of nothing I'm happy :D
We went to Reculver again because the weather was cloudy but had some Sun in the forecast, I thought of "Samphire Oh" but it was windy and with more shade than Sun decided on Reculver.

When we got there it was cool and cloudy so after a walk up the Lane ( with out Crutches this time :D ) and no sign of Butterflies we decided to have Lunch at the Pub there with the hope maybe the Sun would come out!!!!!

It did, so up the lane we went again and my Daughter spotted a Holly Blue, (my first of this season,) it was a long way up in the Ivy and when I got back to the house I've had to make the shots closer to see it properly and it looks like it could have been egg laying :!:

Then I saw the Wall's again and this time I caught one on a flower :D so all in all, not a bad day today, not sure about tomorrow
yet but I hope I can get another day out before they go back to work on Tuesday.Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_b814.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_b819.jpeg
IMG_5498.jpg
fullsizeoutput_b818.jpeg
IMG_5549.jpg
IMG_5563.jpg
fullsizeoutput_b812.jpeg
IMG_5536.jpg
IMG_5561.jpg
IMG_5519.jpg
millerd

Post by millerd »

Very good shots of the Wall, Goldie, and of the Holly Blue too! You were lucky to find some sun today.

Incidentally, that Holly won't be laying eggs, as your pictures are of a male butterfly! :wink:

Cheers,

Dave
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

You'd think I'd know by now wouldn't you Dave :oops: I'll blame it on the distance :lol: Goldie :lol:
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking shots Goldie especially the Holly Blue - did you do some Dave Miller whispering to get it to open up :wink: :) :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, many thanks :D It was good to see the Holly Blue, it was one Butterfly I thought I'd miss out on this year.
We just had short glimpses of the Sun and that's all the Butterfly needed to open it's wings :D
I've just got the all clear from the Hospital and told I can try walking without the shoe and wear some trainers to help so I'm definitely on the mend :D

We went to" Samphire Oh" yesterday , it was cloudy and cold no sign of any Butterflies but it was nice to get out and get some Sea
air I did take one shot of the sea when we'd a brief visit from the Sun. Goldie :D
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_b841.jpeg

Return to “Personal Diaries”