Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
essexbuzzard

Re: Goldie M

Post by essexbuzzard »

Yes, well done you, the M61 and M6, quite an undertaking. You late husband would be proud of you. And you saw some good stuff as well!
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

It's great that you're out and about Goldie :D , I hate motorways too and having to face two of the blighters isn't something I'd want to do :? Mind you those OT shots are a brilliant reward for the hassle, they almost jump out of the screen :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

I admire your positive attitude, Goldie. You did the right thing and those Orange Tips were thoroughly deserved.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many thanks Pauline, we shared every thing and did every thing together, this may sound boring to some people but when things just click , they click!!!! :D
The lens I bought has a stabiliser , which helps a great deal when your a bit wobbly :lol: That Kestrel was a bonus, it was so regal looking, I love to see these Birds of prey in the wild so free, mind you, I'm not happy when they're in my Garden :D

Thanks essex, those motor ways are a night mare especially the M6 which is blocked going towards the lakes in Summer most of the time ,unless you set off very early in the morning, which I can do, people coming up from the South usually are the ones to get stuck in the jams.
It was great to see those Orange Tips ,I only got shots of one but they were every where non stop after that one :lol:

Hi! Wurzel, I've done it once, now a little further each time would be great, I so want to go to see the Large Heath and the Fritillaries which are only found in the Lakes, at my age it's an effort, :roll: Driving there looking round and driving back quite an effort :D I'll have to try Bed and Breakfast I think!!! :D
Glad you liked my shots of the Orange Tips , I'd read on Lanc's BC they'd been seen at Brockholes so I was hoping I'd see them :D

Just got your post has I was about to post mine David :lol: Thanks very much, Jim would want me to get on with things that was his character , I can hear him now saying " Life's too short let's do it" .
It was great seeing the Orange Tip's , they herald Spring like nothing else :D Goldie :D
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Good to see you getting out and about a bit further again Goldie, well done!...and glad to see you caught up with some Orange-tips :D

I know what you mean about the M6, been caught up in it a few times on our way up there over the past few years. Aiming to spend a few days up in Arnside/Silverdale again this year :D

Cheers,

Neil.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Sorry for taking so long to reply Neil, I've been busy getting ready for the off :D Kent tomorrow, may be I'll see a few more Butterflies in Blean Woods when we take the Dog for a walk :D I'd love to see a Brimstone in there, may be a Holly Blue . :D

I'm looking forward to a few more wanderings, may be if I can twist a arm "Dungeness " :lol: Goldie :D
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

Hello Goldie ,
Small Coppers are now emerging at Dungeness (see Hoggers diary ) and with some warm weather promised ,I think you,ll hit it spot on if you do manage the trip.For Grizzles ,see my post to you dated 9th April .
Good Luck !! Regards Allan.W.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Good luck with the Grizzlies Goldie :D I found two the other day in very unfavourable weather conditions and so I reckon you've timed it just right :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:..I'm looking forward to a few more wanderings, may be if I can twist a arm "Dungeness "
I'd say that's a must, Goldie. Who knows, you may encounter a migrant or two, and certainly a few Small Coppers. :)

You've definitely timed this trip to perfection with the warm weather set to sweep in to coincide with your arrival.
Andrew555

Post by Andrew555 »

Well done with your Brockholes trip Goldie, you got some great shots! :mrgreen: :D Good luck in Kent. :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many thanks for your posts, Andrew, David,Wurzel,Allan, What can I say!!!!!!!

My Journey down was great and last night my Daughter had booked a show at the Marlow Theatre as a surprise but when I was coming down the steps after the show I tripped and fractured my foot :x :oops:

The Hospital has given me a special shoe they use for fractures also two crutches :roll: I've to rest for a couple of days then try getting rid of the crutches one at a time :roll: Any way it looks like I may be in Kent for a couple of weeks :x

I've to wear this shoe for six weeks until the foot's healed, I should be able to walk but not too far, my Daughter said we'd still go out to Dungeness , I suppose it's one way of twisting the arm but this time it was the foot :lol:

The funny thing is when I was leaving home I saw a Small White Butterfly and thought to my self great there should be loads in Kent, if they're out here, I've watched them in the Garden here and it's made me determined to get rid of the crutches quickly :lol: Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Sorry to hear about your accident :shock: :( I hope you make a speedy recovery :)

To cheer you up here's a more comical response...

Crickey Goldie - I know I wished you 'good luck' with the Grizzlies but you didn't have to take it as 'break a leg' :shock: :wink: Seriously though I hope you're be away from the clutches of the crutches soon - mind you if you have one you could use it as a monopod :wink: :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:...I should be able to walk but not too far, my Daughter said we'd still go out to Dungeness , I suppose it's one way of twisting the arm but this time it was the foot :lol:
:D You'll get better in no time with a sense of humour like that, Goldie.

Seriously, that's awful luck and my best wishes for a full and speedy recovery....as well as a productive short outing to Dungeness!
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Many thanks Wurzel and David, I've got rid of one crutch already and had a brief walk around the Garden , I hope to get rid of the other one tomorrow all being well, the shoe they gave me is great but it's like having a club foot, it needs balance. :D I'm getting there slowly but surely :D
Wurzel I think the Grizzles are following me round at present and I don't mean Butterflies :lol:
Weather keeps up David I should be at Dungeness next week :D Goldie :D
Allan.W.

Post by Allan.W. »

Hello Goldie ,
43 Small Coppers at Dungeness today ! and a further 8 on the RSPB Reserve ,including a stunning female Radiata ,which wouldn,t hang about for a pic...….………. and I did try !! Good Hunting ! Regards Allan.W.
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote:Many thanks Wurzel and David, I've got rid of one crutch already and had a brief walk around the Garden , I hope to get rid of the other one tomorrow all being well, the shoe they gave me is great but it's like having a club foot, it needs balance. :D I'm getting there slowly but surely. Weather keeps up David I should be at Dungeness next week :D Goldie :D
Sounds like good progress, Goldie. I hope your Dungeness trip passes off spectacularly.

All the best.
ernie f

Post by ernie f »

Goldie - I'm going through peoples posts of the last few weeks.

Love the shots of the Kestrel up a tree looking down at you, but sorry to hear about your foot. Hope you get well very soon.
Ernie F
Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Blimey Goldie, you don't 'alf have some rough luck, sorry to here about your foot.
Hope you are soon up and about and seeing some butterflies...nothing better to help recovery :D

Cheers,

Neil.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks ever so much everyone, Allan, David ,Ernie, Neill, for your post :D
I kicked the other crutch into touch yesterday and we went to Blean Woods :D although I saw a Peacock and a Brimstone they didn't stop for any shots but it was good just to get out in the Sun and see the Butterflies, I couldn't walk very far but I'm hoping to go out today and go a bit further, by next week I should be ( if a bit unsteady ) :D able to to go to Dungeness, fingers crossed, Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

This morning we decided to go to the White cliffs, I decided to take one crutch with me just to steady me on uneven ground :roll:

We were very lucky we got put on the same level has the cafe, ( Parking wise) When I got out of the car the first thing I spotted was a Small White, which cheered me no end :D

After we'd had (Jam And Cream scones ) my Daughter said lets see how far you can WALK, naturally I walked in the direction I'd seen the Butterfly :D

I managed quite a way but kept pretty level and on the path , until we saw some Small Whites landing and taking off again, I got diverted slightly :D It was worth it, I spotted a patch of Bluebells on which a Peacock was feasting and while I was taking the shot a Small White landed slightly higher up, in one of my photos the SW is top right :D Other Whites followed and I got more shots, my first Small White's this year and shots I didn't think I'd get after Wednesday night :D So we had a good day, Well!!!! I had :lol: Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5338.jpg
IMG_5328.jpg
IMG_5322.jpg
IMG_5316.jpg
IMG_5315.jpg
IMG_5313.jpg
IMG_5312.jpg

Return to “Personal Diaries”