Katrina

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Andrew555

Re: Katrina

Post by Andrew555 »

Very nice images Katrina, I like the Greenstreak close up particularly. :D

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely shots of the GHS Katrina, but that Grizzled Skipper shot is super :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks Dave, definitely easier to photo in the evening.
Thanks Trevor, I have been enjoying some of your Holly Blue photos.
Thanks Andrew and Goldie :D

David M

Post by David M »

I agree with Trevor regarding your latest Grizzlie image, Katrina. It's going to be hard to improve on that.

Beautiful effort.

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

Just catching up Katrina - that last image of the Grizzled Skipper could well be the best I have ever seen. Love it :mrgreen:

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks David and Pauline. The season has started well for me.
Really like your Dukes Pauline, glad you are back I was wondering when you would start posting again.
Now to decide where to go tomorrow try for Pearls or Dukes? Hope the weather holds.

Katrina

Abbots Wood and Mill Hill

Post by Katrina »

This afternoon myself and friend went to Abbotts Wood. We saw a single Pearl- Bordered Fritillary (no good photos). There was a supporting cast of Green-Veined White, Small Whites, a few Orange-Tips, 2 Green Hairstreaks, 2 Peacocks, one Comma, one Brimstone, one Speckled Wood and a Broad Bodied Chaser dragonfly.
I then went on to Mill Hill myself, from 6.30-7.30. I was in a bit of a rush so more focussed on photography than counting but saw 8 Grizzled Skippers, 3 Dingy Skippers and 5 Small Heaths. Also I think a Cinnabar moth.
Attachments
DSC00395.JPG
DSC00346.JPG

millerd

Post by millerd »

A really lovely pair of Skippers, Katrina, especially that Grizzlie! Perfect. :)

Dave

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great news that you saw both Pearls and Dinghies Katrina :D :mrgreen: And great shots of the Skippers both :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

David M

Post by David M »

Fabulous again, Katrina. These two butterflies might generally be considered amongst the drabbest in the UK, but at this time of year they are a joy to encounter! Shame about the lack of opportunities with your PBF, but I’m sure you’ll compensate for this very soon.

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

Beautiful images of the two Skippers Katrina, I really like the Grizzled Skipper :mrgreen: :D

Cheers,

Neil.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks Millerd, I was pleased I went back out again.
Thanks Wurzel,I was beginning to wonder if the Dingies were ever going to show up at Mill Hill.
Thanks David , they certainly are joyful on a warm evening.
Thanks Neil, I think I got lucky again.

Katrina

Heyshott

Post by Katrina »

I went to Heyshott today and saw some Dukes. I bumped into Neil Hulme and then Gary and spent some enjoyable time.
Later Neil and I went to Rewell Wood where we also met Jonathan Crawford. We saw some Pearls but they weren't being very obliging for me.
Attachments
DSC00564.JPG
DSC00501.JPG

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great shots of the Dukes Katrina :D Sounds like the Pearls were a bit solar super charged - they should settle down soon when the temperatures get back to normal :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely shots of the Skipper's and the Dukes Katrina, it was certainly a great week-end. :D Goldie :D

David M

Post by David M »

I suspect the PBFs will be much more obliging when the weather cools down. A bit of cloud cover will help too.

Well done with the Dukes though! This is one butterfly that can be approached pretty readily.

Andrew555

Post by Andrew555 »

Great Skipper and Duke images Katrina. :D

Katrina

Cooler Pearls

Post by Katrina »

Thanks David, Goldie , Wurzel and Andrew.
This afternoon from about 3-4.30 I went to Rewell Wood. It was definitely cooler but a bit windy. I found 3 PBFs one of which was obliging but seemed to have kinked antennae.
Attachments
DSC00820.JPG
DSC00880.JPG
fullsizeoutput_22fd.jpeg

millerd

Post by millerd »

Some nice Pearls there, Katrina, despite another sort of weather which can't have been ideal. :)

Dave

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great set of shots Katrina especially the first one, it reminds me of when I first see them - I've been looking and then one will just sort of pop out at you :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Personal Diaries”