Book on Birds of Crete

Discussion forum for books and any other media concerning butterflies.
Chris Jackson

Book on Birds of Crete

Post by Chris Jackson »

Hello,
This question concerns birds more than butterflies.
I have a friend who will very soon be going to Crete on a birding and butterflying holiday.
Does anybody know of a book (guide) available that covers only the birds of Crete ?
Thanks,
Chris
jenks

Re: Book on Birds of Crete

Post by jenks »

Hi Chris,

Arlequin used to publish "A Birdwatchers Guide to Crete", written by Stephanie Coghlan. The ISBN no. was 1 900159 10 4. I have a copy of the revised 5th edition dated 2001 so this may be a little outdated now. However, the book is a wonderful guide with site details, maps etc. Try looking on Amazon or try Arlequin Press, 26 Broomfield Rd, Chelmsford to see if still in print and for a more up to date edition.

Jenks.
Chris Jackson

Post by Chris Jackson »

Thanks Jenks,

That's a very detailed response.
I'll look into that.

Chris
jenks

Post by jenks »

And there`s more..........

if your searches fail you could try the Portland Bird Observatory. They have a bookshop selling all aspects of natural history which is excellent ( I start drooling when I`m in there ! ). Tel no of the bookshop is 01305 826625 (usually open weekends only ) and the Obs centre is 01305 820553. They would be able to tell you if they have a copy in stock as a brief look on Google shows this book as now out of print.

Jenks.

Return to “Books, Articles, Videos, TV”