breney common marsh fritillary

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
LCPete

breney common marsh fritillary

Post by LCPete »

Hi I'm planning a trip down to Cornwall and would like to visit Breney common while I'm there for the marsh fritillary
I did visit a few years ago in 2009 and had a great afternoon and saw several marsh and small pearl bordered fritillaries
Can someone confirm that the postcode I have is the right one for the site PL305DU is correct I had a bit of trouble I remember finding the site last time tho I can remember exactly where the butterflies were on the site
Also am I right in thinking that the last week in may would be a good time to visit
Thanks
Allan.W.

Re: breney common marsh fritillary

Post by Allan.W. »

Hello LCPete'
Like yourself 'the wife and I are planning our 2016 holiday in Cornwall,mainly to visit Heligan/ Eden project .While we're down there we were hoping to visit Breney Common
ourselves,we,ve been looking on the net for information ,and as you say a good site for Small Pearl and Marsh frits apparently also Silver Studs, the parking grid ref that we have for the site is SX053611 the common is also apparently very good for dragonflies,4-5 species which don't appear down here in Kent. we,ve also found on the net a site near St Austell(where we're staying) called Toads Hole (Enniscaven area)Sw 965597 which also has the two frits already mentioned and good dragonflies. I think you're timing for the Marshies will be better than ours ,youre going late May /June we're going 1st week in July, As you know there is also a good deal of other information on this website ,
Good hunting !! let us know how you get on Regards Allan W,
LCPete

Re: breney common marsh fritillary

Post by LCPete »

Hi Allan thanks very much for the information on toads hole we are staying with family in St Austell so that will be really handy

Hope that you have a great time in Cornwall I will let you know i get on and where i see the butterflies at breney :D

Return to “Sites”