Katrina

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Katrina

Post by Goldie M »

I'd say it's definitely ab bialbata Katrina but if you look in the Species for Red Admiral ab's you'll know for sure. Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Mr Spock, David and Goldie. Useful to have confirmation.

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I too agree with teh ab. As for the gender - could it be a female as it seems to be curving its abdomen around under it almost as if it was egg laying? :?

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Katrina

Long-tailed Blue

Post by Katrina »

I went to Beeding today to see the Long-tailed Blue. I was very pleased it was still there.
Attachments
DSC09645.JPG
DSC09823.JPG
DSC09827.JPG
DSC09872.JPG

Paul Harfield

Post by Paul Harfield »

Hi Katrina
Beautiful Long Tailed Blue pics :D I particularly like the third one :D

trevor

Post by trevor »

:D :mrgreen:

Katrina

Long-tailed Blue Again

Post by Katrina »

Thank you Trevor and Jack. Today I went back to Beeding. I slept in a little and missed the female which was still there earlier but got there as people were photographing a male. There was also a Red Admiral with a white spot in the band and a Comma.
Attachments
DSC09907.JPG
DSC09921.JPG

Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

Great to see you on Saturday and again today Katrina. You arrived just in time to see and photograph the male! What a brilliant weekend. :D

Who knows might see you again before the season's over.

All the best

James

David M

Post by David M »

What a return for the final weekend of October!

Well done.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Great to see you too James. Lovely open wing shot on your diary!
Thanks David, certainly good to see the LTBs!

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Lovely shot Katrina, :mrgreen: looks like I'll have to book a Trip down there for late Oct :D Goldie :D

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Cracking shots of the LTB Katina, and the Red Admiral isn't too shabby either :mrgreen: :D . Strange isn't it that scrolling down the Red Admiral looks more impressive yet I would forego seeing one for two or three years if it meant I could get just a couple of decent shots of a LTB :shock: :?

Have a goodun

Wurzel

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Lovely to meet you today Katrina, sorry there were no LTB's around, I think I might be a LTB jinx :lol: :oops:

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Great to meet you too. I am sure you are not a jinx! I have had plenty of unsuccessful searches, as, I suspect have most people. Hopefully you will see one soon.

Katrina

Brighton Racecourse

Post by Katrina »

My sister came down to visit this weekend. We looked for long-tailed blues in various sites yesterday with no luck and missed the sighting at the Racecourse. Today, however, the sun shone again and we had another go. I was pleased to see many of the usual butterfliers out looking too. There was much joy as Mark found one. Later on one flew in front of me, my sister and Colin and circled back and landed on the path in front of us, again giving much pleasure.
Attachments
DSC09972.JPG
DSC09973.JPG
DSC09999.JPG
DSC00012.JPG

Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

Well done spotting that Long-tailed Blue today Katrina. :D You took some really nice photos too.

All the best

James

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

You only saw that one because I wasn't there! :lol:

Some addictions are good for the soul!
trevor

Post by trevor »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :!: .

badgerbob

Post by badgerbob »

Good to see you today Katrina. Great to see some more of these beauties.

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks James - looking forward to seeing your photos!
Thanks Trevor :D
Thanks Bob, good to see you too and the LTBs!

Return to “Personal Diaries”