Seeing Large Blue at Green Down in 2007

Discussion forum for field trips and any other events.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Seeing Large Blue at Green Down in 2007

Post by Pete Eeles »

I'll "officially" announce this at the next website update, but I've been passed some excellent news from Emma Daniel of the Somerset Wildlife Trust that there will be, again, an open day for visitors to see Large Blue at Green Down in 2007. I can't recommend a visit highly enough. Details follow.

Cheers,

- Pete

Spotting the large blue butterfly at Green Down

Following the success of previous open days at our Green Down reserve, the Trust is pleased to announce dates for 2007 – Saturday and Sunday June 23 and 24. Due to the sensitive nature of the site, places are limited and there will be a draw to allocate tickets for both events. This year, the cost will be £3 per adult and £1.50 per child, payable in advance.

Please apply for your ticket by sending a letter and cheque payable to Somerset Wildlife Trust, together with your name, contact details written in block capitals and a SAE to Green Down Open Days, Somerset Wildlife Trust, Tonedale Mill, Tonedale, Wellington, Somerset TA21 0AW. SWT Trust members should include their SWT membership numbers.

Your application needs to be in by 6 May 2007, as any received after this date will not be included in the draw.

Ticket holders will receive their tickets during June and everyone else will have their cheques returned.

Please note: apart from these organised events, Green Down will be closed to all access, from 4 June to 15 July.

Return to “Field Trips and Events”