99 per cent off-topic

Discussion forum for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere!
CFB

99 per cent off-topic

Post by CFB »

This morning I decided not to go looking for butterflies but to walk along the footpath next to the Brague river where it would be cooler. But it was still hot. So, a few photos of the Brague between the Pont des Tamarins and the Gué des Clausonnes:
IMG_4837.JPG
IMG_4829.JPG
IMG_4833.JPG
IMG_4847.JPG
IMG_4854.JPG
The other 1 per cent? I saw well over twenty Speckled Woods and two unidentified Whites :) .
--
Colin
Chris Jackson

Re: 99 per cent off-topic

Post by Chris Jackson »

Colin, that sort of environment looks good for White Admirals and Lesser Purple Emperors - any over your way ?

We will be in Grasse for 2 weeks between the 11th and 25th of July, so I must pay a visit to the Parc de la Brague. Can I send you a PM for suggestions for best access to the park, and for other places of interest / butterfly hot-spots ?

Cheers, Chris
CFB

Re: 99 per cent off-topic

Post by CFB »

Chris,

As I said above the only butterflies at the moment along the Brague are Speckled Woods and unidentified Whites :( . And in the Parc in general there are not many open spaces suitable for seeing many butterflies of many species. A better choice would be along the Piste de Darbousson and on to the Vallon des Dones. These places are indicated on the IGN 1:25000 maps, and are surely mentioned somewhere on the Internet.

I regularly see Southern White Admirals, but I very rarely see Lesser Purple Emperors, and certainly none so far this year.
--
Cheers,
Colin

Return to “General”