Noar Hill Brown Hairstreaks

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
dilettante

Noar Hill Brown Hairstreaks

Post by dilettante »

I might find myself at Noar Hill on Monday or Tuesday. Can anyone direct me to where specifically I should go to look for Brown Hairstreaks? I'm fairly familiar with Noar Hill, but don't know where on the site the BHs are typically seen. I realise it's not a strong site for them, so don't rate my chances highly.

As I've never seen this species before, I'm pretty clueless as to where to look and what to look for, so any tips would be appreciated: what weather conditions do I need, do I look high or low, in what sort of tree/bush etc.
Mark Tutton

Re: Noar Hill Brown Hairstreaks

Post by Mark Tutton »

Hiya I have sent you a pm with some 10m OS grid references hope they are useful and the weather is OK
See also recent report on Hants BC website of five females by Ashley Whitlock - they are obviously having a much better year this year :D
http://www.hantsiow-butterflies.org.uk/news.php
Kind Regards
Mark
The wonder of the world, the beauty and the power, the shapes of things, their colours lights and shades, these I saw. Look ye also while life lasts.
dilettante

Re: Noar Hill Brown Hairstreaks

Post by dilettante »

Many thanks for the PMs with clear directions. Now I just need to hope for good weather and patient family!

Return to “Sites”