UKB hits new heights!

Comments on the website and discussion forums, including enhancement requests and bug reports.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor

UKB hits new heights!

Post by Pete Eeles »

Hi all - as I write this, the number of visitors today is going to hit a new high - it's currently at 15,500 or thereabouts. And we're frequently seeing over 100 users online at the same time!

I'm sure this is related to the Big Butterfly Count as well as the Springwatch special being aired, but I also think a huge part of this is due all of the forums members who keep an entire community of butterfly-lovers informed throughout the year - so many thanks for helping make the website "sticky" - a place that people want to re-visit! And the images we now have of all of our species (and the information being posted every day) is extremely valuable and certainly beyond anything I could have dreamt of all those years ago!

In particular, I once again want to thank the "backroom boys (and girl!)" who help with the running of UKB - Guy, Vince, Gary and Lisa. Top stuff.

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
Vince Massimo

Re: UKB hits new heights!

Post by Vince Massimo »

We actually ended the day with 15,879 visitors :D
Trev Sawyer
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Trev Sawyer »

Yes,congratulations to all concerned. The website must be responsible for countless numbers of people getting into butterflies and using the info available has enabled many of us to find species we could only have dreamed of a few years ago. Hopefully, understanding that each separate species relies on differing environmental conditions and foodplants, we can make life a little easier for butterflies in the future. When I was a child, I always though that if you waited long enough, most species of butterfly would come flitting over the fence from a neighbours garden. Quite a few species did, but for the ones which were never going to do so, the knowledge of when and where to look for them gleaned from UKButterflies has given us all the chance to indulge our curiosity. Cheers Pete et al - we really appreciate your work. :D :D :D

Trev
David M

Post by David M »

Excellent news. I'm sure the Springwatch programme and the Big Butterfly Count are partially responsible, and anything that generates interest from the public in butterflies cannot be a bad thing.

The more people that get involved the better, as that will lead to increases in fund-raising and conservation projects.
essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

Congrats from me too!

This is just reward for those behind the scenes who run this absolutely excellent site,giving us members the chance to air our views and share our photo's.

And give so many people the chance to see our beautiful British butterflies,by giving the info on flight-times,sites and so on.

What a great idea this site was. Richly deserved pat on the back i say! :D

Return to “Website Comments”