Better Butterflies DVD

Discussion forum for books and any other media concerning butterflies.
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Better Butterflies DVD

Post by Pete Eeles »

Regular visitors will notice that this forum now includes flim, video, DVD etc. and not just "Books". And for good reason :)

Being a particularly quiet period at the mo, I decided to get a copy of "Better Butterflies" from the Butterfly Conservation website at
http://www.butterfly-conservation.org/s ... index.html. Knowing that my hard-earned dosh was going to a good cause helped considerably :)

Now that I've watched the DVD, I feel compelled to comment! To be honest, I felt it started slow, and was technically poor in some areas - both video and audio. But it soon picked up and these minor flaws quickly became irrelevant. I'm sure I'm rather "late" in getting a copy of the DVD - given that it was released in 2004 - but I have to say that this DVD is just awesome.

Although the DVD starts and ends with the Marsh Fritillary lifecycle, and BC's work in conserving this gem, the bulk of the DVD is filled with every resident species, and many reintroduced or migrant species, including Large Blue, Large Copper, Monarch and Map.

I could go on and on. The best complement I can pay is that I felt compelled to write this post (the DVD turned up in the mail this morning) and now I'm off to watch it again. It's that good.

Cheers,

- Pete

Return to “Books, Articles, Videos, TV”