Skipper Images for Species Albums 2012 (Lulworth Skipper)

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Vince Massimo
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Skipper Images for Species Albums 2012 (Lulworth Skipper)

Post by Vince Massimo »

This thread follows on from my previous appeal for images for use on the Species Identification Pages viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4954 .

I have now started to update the albums and have completed all stages of the Skippers and Swallowtails (both Primary and Secondary species). Some vital images were found lurking in the backlog, allowing me to fill gaps in Chequered Skipper (PhilB :D ) and Dingy Skipper (benwmbc :D ), with Mark Colvin adding a touch of class to the Silver-spotted Skipper :mrgreen: . Check these here:- http://www.ukbutterflies.co.uk/species_ ... tage=imago and click on the species name for more details. No images were deleted in the review, but only the best 20 appear in the "Core Media" for each species.

One other outcome of the update is that we have a persisting gap in the Lulworth Skipper section for images of male and female undersides. If you have any of these, please don't let them go unappreciated. The best way of sending them through is to post them directly into the the Species-Specific Album, or into your own personal gallery, where I will be able to access them. Alternatively they can be e-mailed to me through the contact address on the home page. I can also review them on this thread, or if attached to a PM addressed to me.

Thanks to everyone who has supplied images so far :D

Vince
Pete Eeles

Re: Images for the Species Albums 2012 (Lulworth Skipper)

Post by Pete Eeles »

Excellent - a big thanks to you, Vince, for taking this on. Things certainly look a darn sight better when I'm out of the equation :)

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
Vince Massimo

Re: Images for the Species Albums 2012 (Lulworth Skipper)

Post by Vince Massimo »

Pete Eeles wrote:..........Things certainly look a darn sight better when I'm out of the equation :)
Thanks Pete, but don't go too far away..................I may have to ask you some questions :)
Vince Massimo

Re: Skipper Images for Species Albums 2012 (Lulworth Skipper

Post by Vince Massimo »

Just a quick progress report on the Skipper Album. I am pleased to say that underside images of male and female Lulworth Skipper have been received and those gaps have now been filled. Thanks go to JKT and Reddog :D .. However, this does not mean that we should lose sight of the need to constantly review and hopefully improve the standard of all images on the Species Albums. Please keep them coming :)

Vince

Return to “Photography”