High-speed HD video of Italian Butterflies

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
splinterfaction

High-speed HD video of Italian Butterflies

Post by splinterfaction »

Hello UK Butterflies forum users, I hope you're all well.

I have posted this video elsewhere on this forum so please forgive my duplicate content but I really think many here will be interested in my video.

I recently spent some time with friends in Val Aupa in the Italian Alps. I took my new HD video camera (a Sony NX5), primarily to shoot some time-lapses of the valley. Little did I realise that the area would be so teeming with wildlife!

In the end, by far the most interesting footage I came back with was the shots of butterflies (and some bees and grasshoppers) that I managed to capture using the camera's high-speed 'smooth-slow-record' function.

I'm very pleased with the video and would love to share it with you all and hopefully get some feedback on what you think. Its available on YouTube in full 1080 HD, so please enjoy it and if you feel like posting some feedback in the video comments section or here that would be really great =)

Here's the direct link for full quality HD video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Jn2M1K0Eo

This footage was shot using a Sony NX5 AVCHD camera in 1080i50 using the camera's 'smooth-slow-record' function on 3second burst, end triggered.

Thank you kindly,

Krystian

Return to “Photography”