Washed out colours

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Ian Pratt

Washed out colours

Post by Ian Pratt »

Recently the photos I have uploaded to the site have looked very washed out compared to what I see on my computer screen. Any ideas why? My computer screen has been colour corrected recently, and the colours on it are realistic. :?
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Re: Washed out colours

Post by Pete Eeles »

Hi Ian - could you please email me an original image (the one that you would upload to UKB) and I'll take a look (pete@ukbutterflies.co.uk). Thx.

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com
Bill S

Post by Bill S »

Ian Pratt wrote:Recently the photos I have uploaded to the site have looked very washed out compared to what I see on my computer screen. Any ideas why? My computer screen has been colour corrected recently, and the colours on it are realistic. :?
Has it got an embedded colour profile in it? If it does and it is anything other than sRGB, it may be causing problems for the browser to display it properly. I think :)

Bill
Ian Pratt

Post by Ian Pratt »

Bill S wrote:
Has it got an embedded colour profile in it? If it does and it is anything other than sRGB, it may be causing problems for the browser to display it properly. I think :)

Bill
Exactly right. When exporting from say Lightroom, use the colour space sRGB not Adobe RGB or ProPhoto RGB. Thanks. :)

Return to “Photography”