New Moth Forum: MothTalk

Discussion forum for butterfly links on the Internet.
MikeWall

New Moth Forum: MothTalk

Post by MikeWall »

Hi all,

I've been running the Hantsmoths website for the past few years and have been thinking about setting up an online community to complement it for a while now. I've now taken the plunge and set up the Hantsmoths MothTalk forum, which is aimed at moth-ers not just in Hampshire but from across the country to request identification help, provide advice, or talk about anything. I want it to be a site run for the members, so I am always open to listening to ideas for what members want from such a forum.

It's in its early stages - being only a week old and there's not much to talk about at the moment! - but please feel free to look in and even better register and post .

Please visit: http://www.hantsmoths.org.uk/forum

Thanks to Pete for allowing me to punt this on his site - I know some butterflyists have seen the light and come over to the dark side :wink: Pete's help was invaluable in getting the thing off the ground and hopefully it will prove as useful and friendly as this one obviously is.

Mike
Trev Sawyer
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Re: New Moth Forum: MothTalk

Post by Trev Sawyer »

Thanks Mike,
Good luck with the site - I've added it to my bookmarks. I actually saw my first moth of the year one lunchtime last week!.. I almost trod on a small moth with vestigial square-ended grey wings and a sharply-pointed body which was crawling across a snowy path in the centre of Cambridge. Presumably this was a female Early Moth? Whatever she was, it was surely madness for her to be out and about in those temperatures. A male would have to have been very keen to be flying "below zero" :shock:

Trev

Return to “Links”