Canon EOS 500D

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Mikhail

Canon EOS 500D

Post by Mikhail »

Take a look at dpreview for details of this new model just announced by Canon. There's also a neat new flash from Canon and a surprise from Tamron in the shape of a 60mm F2 macro lens.

Misha
Denise

Re: Canon EOS 500D

Post by Denise »

Denise
eccles

Post by eccles »

I see the silly pixels war shows little sign of abating. I'm not knocking Canon in particular for this; they're all doing it.
FISHiEE

Post by FISHiEE »

Having limited play with a 50D a couple of weeks back I have to say that 15 MPixels in a 1.6crop sensor actually yielded mighty fine results in my limited testing. Goint to test one more thoroughly this week but initial findings are it betters my 30d visibly on noise and has bucket loads more details. Also tried a 5DII and OMG the noise control is amazing. Straight out of the camera images looked sharper on the 5DII though not by all that much really(Canon 100-400 @400mm and handheld macro aren't exactly the best test conditions for sharpness). I only had jpeg shots from the 50D (only realised afterwards I'd forgotten to switch it to RAW).

Current thoughts are the sensor on the 50D and this 500D will be killer for macro.

Return to “Photography”