Some of today's images

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Deano

Some of today's images

Post by Deano »

Hi all
I had a pretty good day with the camera today,and I got a few pleasing shots.Here are some of them,all taken in Sudbury in Suffolk.
Regards
Deano
Attachments
F11,1/125sec,ISO200,aperture priority,handheld,flash,Canon 400D with 55-250mm lens
F11,1/125sec,ISO200,aperture priority,handheld,flash,Canon 400D with 55-250mm lens
Meadow Brown (2).jpg (54.44 KiB) Viewed 388 times
F14,1/80sec,ISO200,aperture priority,handheld,flash,Canon 400D with 55-250mm lens
F14,1/80sec,ISO200,aperture priority,handheld,flash,Canon 400D with 55-250mm lens
Large White.jpg (48.42 KiB) Viewed 387 times
F11,1/100sec,ISO200,aperture priority,handheld,Canon 400D with 55-250mm lens
F11,1/100sec,ISO200,aperture priority,handheld,Canon 400D with 55-250mm lens
Comma.jpg (32.64 KiB) Viewed 388 times
eccles

Re: Some of today's images

Post by eccles »

I take it you're inviting comment by posting these images, so here goes. They're all reasonably sharp and quite well exposed so that's a good start. Butterflies are not the easiest of subjects and you have made a good start to get the basics sorted.
On the first image, I would suggest that it's cropped a little too closely. Try to include a little of the environment with the butterfly, or if you're lucky enough to be able to pin it against a diffuse background, leave a little space in the direction that the butterfly is looking so that it's not looking out of the picture but into it.
The second image suffers from a poor viewpoint. Looking down on it like this is not flattering the insect at all. You may find an angle finder helps to get better angles on ground based insects.
The third shot is a nice image. You have the light coloured comma thrown forward against a largely diffuse and dark background with just a little foreground interest with the bramble blossom.
Deano

Re: Some of today's images

Post by Deano »

Hello eccles
Many thanks for your review of my photos here.It's always helpful to have constructive critisism from other photographers,especially as I'm reasonably new to this digital photography lark.One thing puzzles me though;you mentioned an angle finder - could you enlighten me as to what this is please.
Many thanks
Deano.

Return to “Photography”