Norfolk

Discussion forum for places to see butterflies.
wavelea1

Norfolk

Post by wavelea1 »

It's Wednesday 9th July and tomorrow we head off to north-east Norfolk for just 10 days.

The plan was to call in at Finemere Woods (in Bucks) to see and attempt to photograph the Purple Emperor then
Holkham Woods in Norfolk for the White-letter Hairstreak before arriving at our destination - Eccles-on-sea. The ten day holiday will also take in SSBs at Kelling Heath, Swallowtails at Hickling Broad and Dark-green Frits at Winterton-on-sea BUT it's raining and the forecast for the next five days is bleak especially up there.

My better half complains about our hols being arranged around butterfly sites and I do accept that I might have become a bit of an anorak but it could be worse (beer and football). My particular challenge is to see and photograph the entire range of British butterflies by the end of 2010 - a six year period. This year has taken my tally to 45 although some of the photos are still poor.

As I haven't yet seen the SSB, WLH or Emperor I need a slice of luck with the weather. Other blogs kind of indicate that the Silver-studded Blue may fly in less than ideal conditions.

Still I can't complain too much we will be on holiday!!!!

Wavelea1

Return to “Sites”