Grizzled Skipper

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
John

Grizzled Skipper

Post by John »

Hello,this is only the second time i've seen & been able to photograph a Grizzled Skipper.
I like the way this photo has turned out.
Cheers
John

Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

Another good photo John. And it conforms to the "rule of thirds" :)

Shame that the subject is a bit tatty :)

Cheers,

- Pete
John

Post by John »

Hello Pete,cheers for the comments.It was a pity the Grizzled Skipper was a bit tatty,but this is only the second time i've ever seen one,so i was chuffed.
I've been trying to get a bit better composition with my butterfly photos this year.Last year was my first attempts at butterfly photography.I seemed to end up with lots of photos that were as close to the butterfly that i could get,with the butterfly central in the frame.So this year i'm trying a different approach.Gonna try to include a little bit of the butterflies enviroment & try to get my composition working well.
Cheers
John
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

John, same here mate, I also have a collection of photographs with the butterfly close and central in the frame taken last year :-)

Like you, this year I'm trying to create more artistic photographs showing habitats and various angles etc.

I'll post one or two when I get home from work!
John

Post by John »

Hello Wayne,i'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos.
It certainly makes a difference if you can get a nice composition when photographing butterflies.
John
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

John,

When I was sorting through my photos looking for one to post, I ended up redoing my website etc... (you know when you get carried away!)

Here is a link - http://www.wayno.myby.co.uk

Nothing too fancy, I'm still using the 18-55mm standard lens (hopefully getting the 100mm macro end of the month)

I think there is a couple of reasonable ones among them though!

- Wayne
stevo

Post by stevo »

You`ve got some great shots on your website Wayne like you I am overhauling my site.when it`s finished I will post details.

Steve.

Return to “Photography”