Competition entries

This is a forum for, primarily, monthly (or so!) photographic competitions that complement the annual competition.
Ian Pratt

Competition entries

Post by Ian Pratt »

How do some entrants get their photo to appear full size and others have a thumbnail? :?
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Post by Pete Eeles »

This forum provides a quick-and-easy facility for uploading images - using PostImage.org - resulting in a thumbnail being shown.

The alternative, if you want to post a full-size image with no thumbnail, is to upload your image to some web space accessible on the Internet (such as Flickr or PhotoBucket) and then using the [img] tag.

Cheers,

- Pete
Charles Nicol

flickr or photobucket ?

Post by Charles Nicol »

i tried several times to use a flickr image but to no avail !!

photobucket worked first time although the picture is slightly too big...despite shrinking it before posting

charles

ps i have now figured out what to do....there is a resize button on the photobucket page...you can select 600 x 480 which fits well onto the competition display
Last edited by Charles Nicol on Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRIAN

Post by BRIAN »

Hi Charles, I had the same problem with image sizes when using photo buckets. Athough I will continue to use this free photo hosting site I have found if I resize my image before uploading to photobuckets It sorts out the problem, the size I use 900 x 600, give it a try
Charles Nicol

thanks brian

Post by Charles Nicol »

thanks for that brian .... i have found out how to resize after posting to photobucket so i will stick with that !!

charles

Return to “Competitions”