Sharpenhoe Clappers Saturday 14th July 2007 Pics

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
FlyByWire

Sharpenhoe Clappers Saturday 14th July 2007 Pics

Post by FlyByWire »

I already reported what I saw in the Field Trips forum. But if anyone wants to see pics I have uploaded 18 pics to http://piccies.flybywire.org.uk/Butterf ... index.html

I got very few DGF pics despite there being scores of them. The main factor being they were rather active in the warm sunshine on the sheltered East slope. They stayed very active even in cloud shadow.

Enjoy. :)

-Mike
Martin

Post by Martin »

Mike,
Wild goose chase alert! Went yesterday and didn't see a single Chalkhill Blue :( Sun was out a lot but no sign anywhere. Loads of DGFs made up for it though.

Martin.
FlyByWire

Post by FlyByWire »

Yeah I noticed the lack of Chalkhill Blues. In the end I did see and photograph a single Male near the bottom of the Eastern slope, but that was it. I've heard reports of Chalkhills elsewhere. Could it be it is a touch too early at Sharpenhoe? (I did note the lack of Chalkhills in my main post in the Field Trips forum.)

The DGF's and Marbled Whites did make for a wonderful trip though, with hundreds of them all over the place. Still hard to get decent shots though as they rarely stopped moving.

-Mike

Return to “Photography”