Mountain Ringlet - Favourite Photo 2019

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Week 11

Hopefully everyone had an enjoyable Solstice and as there are now only a few days now until the cheerful obese gentleman breaks in by way of a chimney and reverse burgles us all I will wish everyone a Happy Christmas! :wink:

Please could I ask that everyone waits until a topic has been opened by me for a particular species before posting photos as then it will be easier to keep track of things? Of course our overseas members are very welcome to fill in the obvious gaps relating to rare UK migrants. As in previous years details of locations, dates, times and circumstances would be welcome as would any accompanying stories and anecdotes or other observations of behaviour and interesting other points.

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Neil Freeman

Re: Mountain Ringlet - Favourite Photo 2019

Post by Neil Freeman »

Whilst we were staying for a few days in the Arnside & Silverdale AONB in early June we took a drive up to Irton Fell to see Mountain Ringlets. Both males and females were flying in good numbers with many looking like they had been flying for a while but others were still in good condition.

A tricky species to photograph being active and flighty when the sun is out and then landing deep in the grass when the sun goes in.
Mountain Ringlet male - Irton Fell 10.06.2019
Mountain Ringlet female - Irton Fell 10.06.2019
Mountain Ringlet female - Irton Fell 10.06.2019
Cheers,

Neil.
David M

Re: Mountain Ringlet - Favourite Photo 2019

Post by David M »

Well done, Neil. I wasn't sure if anyone got up close & personal with this species in the UK in 2019.

That female in particular is a cracker.

Return to “Mountain Ringlet”