Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Willrow, I do hope so, I want some good shots hope fully of the Swallow Tail, it's a few years since I was there and my photos then with a very small hand camera were not very good so, fingers crossed and clement weather I'll hope for better. Goldie :D

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Willrow

Post by Willrow »

Good luck Goldie...enjoy :wink:

Bill :D

Diary entries for 2015 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk
bugboy

Post by bugboy »

I look forward to seeing your pictures of the Swallowtail Goldie :)

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Pauline

Post by Pauline »

I'm looking forward to seeing some Swallowtail shots Goldie - I have wanted to get there for 4 years now! :roll: Nearly made it last year but stuff got in the way :( . Good luck and enjoy :D

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks Willrow, Bugboy and Pauline, with all your good wishes and( hope fully) good Weather I hope to get lucky, it will be great just to see them again. Goldie :D

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Hope you have a great holiday and get some more cracking shots Goldie. :D
Have a goodun

Wurzel

Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Hi Goldie, looks like you may well get some good weather during your Swallowtail hols :) Look forward to seeing some pics.

Mike

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Well we got back safe and sound in spite of the thunder showers Saturday :D We had a great time and I was over hawed by the Swallow Tails :D
On the Saturday we got there we walked round the Holiday Bungalows to stretch our legs (the journey took 6 hours) and the first Butterfly I saw was a Holly Blue, I was thrilled thinking this was a good start.
On Sunday I decided on How Hill has the place to go but when we got there no sign of any Butterflies never mind ST. The wind was so cold I realised, no way would they be there, it seemed too open. A lady was eating her sandwich and heard me say this and she said to go to Hickling Nature reserve( Broad) as she was there the day before and saw loads. So we had our sandwich and set off for there.
When we arrived we'd £4 to pay before we could get onto the reserve (going to a good cause I thought) but we'd not been going a long the path for very long before I saw the Swallow Tails, the first was a bit tatty and the second just a bit better but finally one came along that was absolutely fantastic, we stayed rather longer than planned but it was the best £4 I'd ever spent :lol:

During the week we visited again and got more shots ( I'm greedy) :lol: I must say there was also dozens of Painted Ladies there on both days, it was great.

Back at the Bungalow on our walks we found two lovely flower Meadows and on the Friday , I took photos of Red Admiral, Large Skipper, Brown Argus ,Large White, Common Blue and to my surprise a Meadow Brown, so all in all it was well worth the long trip. I've included some photo's of Hickling Broad where I saw the Swallow Tails Goldie :D
Attachments
Red Admiral GM
Red Admiral GM
Hickling Broad GM
Hickling Broad GM
Painted Lady GM
Painted Lady GM
Hickling Broad GM
Hickling Broad GM
Meadow Brown GM
Meadow Brown GM
Brown Argus GM
Brown Argus GM
Large Skipper GM
Large Skipper GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail  GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail GM
Swallow Tail GM

Hoggers

Post by Hoggers »

Fantastic Goldie! A real treat to see Swallowtails on wildflowers- beautiful!

Best wishes

Hoggers

Neil Freeman

Post by Neil Freeman »

I agree with Hoggers, great to see Swallowtails in more natural settings on native wildflowers :D

I haven't seen any for a few years now, I really must visit Norfolk again in the next year or two.

Cheers,

Neil.

bugboy

Post by bugboy »

Goldie M wrote:During the week we visited again and got more shots ( I'm greedy) :lol: I must say there was also dozens of Painted Ladies there on both days, it was great.
If it was me I'd have gone there every single day of my stay :lol:

Brilliant shots Goldie, so Jealous,yet to see any myself :mrgreen:

Some addictions are good for the soul!
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

Lovely Swallowtails Goldie :)

millerd

Post by millerd »

I am really envious, Goldie. I haven't been to see the Swallowtails for years - those are lovely photos too! :) :mrgreen:

Dave

David M

Post by David M »

So glad you got to see this magnificant butterfly, Goldie.

Looks like you had a great few days.

trevor

Post by trevor »

HI Goldie,

What a treat you had, seeing those Swallowtails. In all a good Butterfly holiday i think.
( And a camera full of images too ! )

Best wishes,
TREVOR.

PS. Don't forget , it's nearly PURPLE time ! :D .

Pauline

Post by Pauline »

I am so pleased you got to see the Swallowtail Goldie. I can just imagine how exciting it must have been :mrgreen: Sounds like you had a great time :D

MikeOxon

Post by MikeOxon »

Looks as though you had a brilliant trip, Goldie. I'm pleased you had such good views of Swallowtails, since you were looking forward to it so much :) Makes me feel that I must make a return trip, sometime soon.

Mike

Butterflysaurus rex

Post by Butterflysaurus rex »

Wow Goldie! Fantastic Swallowtail!! You lucky thing you :D I hope to take my daughter to see some when she's a bit older. Glad you had a nice time there.

BW's

James

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great stuff Goldie - you certainly got the goods from your holiday :D The stained glass one is in my "I wish I'd taken that" category :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Willrow

Post by Willrow »

Looks like you cracked those Swallowtail Goldie - some very natural looking pics, I'm :mrgreen: with envy I've yet to see those lovely butterflies :(

Regards,

Bill :D

"When in doubt - venture out"

Why not visit my website at http://www.dragonfly-days.co.uk

Return to “Personal Diaries”