Katrina

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Katrina

Re: Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks David,
my luck was definitely in!

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Katrina

Orange-tips

Post by Katrina »

My first orange-tips of the year today
Attachments
DSC09968.JPG
fullsizeoutput_2294.jpeg

Diary entries for 2018 have been archived. If there are missing images in this post, then they can be found in this archive if one exists. All archives can be found here.
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Lovely shots Katrina - still waiting for my first OT :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Nice shot Katrina, like Wurzel I've not seen orange Tips yet! Goldie :D

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks Wurzel and Goldie. :D

Katrina

Mill Hill

Post by Katrina »

My sister and I went to Mill Hill this afternoon in the heat. We were fortunate to bump into Neil who found a very obliging Green Hairstreak (many thanks). Also seen were Speckled Woods, Grizzled Skipper, Peacocks, Tortoiseshells, Commas, Brimstones and a Small and Large White.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_22a1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_22a7.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_22a9.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_229c.jpeg

Katrina

Bonus photo from yesterday

Post by Katrina »

Bonus photo from yesterday
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_22b1.jpeg

essexbuzzard

Post by essexbuzzard »

Lovely Green, Katrina. Mill Hill sure does the business this time of year. Dingy Skippers any day now.

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Fantastic shots Katrina, Greenstreaks and Grizzlies what a great combination :D :mrgreen:

Have a goodun

Wurzel

David M

Post by David M »

Wonderful, Katrina, although any time you find yourself on the same site as Neil Hulme, you can be pretty sure you'll see something notable.

millerd

Post by millerd »

Brilliant, Katrina - I should have headed down there too by the look of it! :) As Essex says, the Dingies can't be far behind now, and plenty more sunshine to come as well.

Dave

trevor

Post by trevor »

Congrats. on your Mill Hill finds, especially the sometimes tricky to photograph Green Hairstreaks.

Andrew555

Post by Andrew555 »

Great sights and shots Katrina. :D

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

Thanks Essex, went to Mill Hill again today, no Dingys seen while I was there although other butterflies arriving as I left.
Thanks Wurzel and David, as you say seeing Neil is a good sign you’re in the right place at the right time.
Thanks Dave, Trevor and Andrew!

Katrina

Green Hairstreaks

Post by Katrina »

Went to Devil's Dyke on Friday with my sister. Fortunately bumped into Neil again . We hadn't found any Green Hairstreaks before we met him but he had found plenty then more started to appear.
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_22bb.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_22be.jpeg

Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Fantastic images Katrina :D :mrgreen: Looking back at your first Greenstreak I wondered if it was an ab.caecus as I can't see any spots? :?

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Katrina

Post by Katrina »

I think you may be right - well spotted Wurzel (unlike the butterfly) :shock:

Katrina

Grizzled Skipper

Post by Katrina »

Tonight at Mill Hill , again with the help of others (thanks).
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_22c9.jpeg

millerd

Post by millerd »

That's a lovely image of the Grizzly, Katrina. :) When I saw them yesterday it was in the heat of the day and they moved about rather a lot more. :)

Dave

trevor

Post by trevor »

You don't need any more Grizzled Skipper images, you'll never better that one.

Fantastic !.
Trevor.

Return to “Personal Diaries”