Trevor

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
millerd

Re: Trevor

Post by millerd »

Great shots of an immaculate butterfly, Trevor. I reckon that might even go up to 11 on the scale... :mrgreen: :)

Cheers,

Dave
trevor

Post by trevor »

Thanks Wurzel. I don't think it's possible to find a better specimen than that
beautiful female BH. Still after a male posing like that!

Wish you had been there Katrina, with all the time in the world for photo's.

Thanks for the score of 11 Dave, but I'm reluctant to mess with the ' Hulme ' system.
I remember, several years ago I showed him an apparently immaculate BH shot on
my camera which he marked down to a measly 9.5. I felt robbed and deflated! :lol:

Two more shots from Shipton Bellinger on 4th Aug.

A resting Oak Eggar moth on a wild parsley stem, it was there for a couple of hours.
Also a shot of the dense, very tall, wild parsnip growing along the length of the hedge.
Unless you are lucky enough to see a Brown Hairstreak land on it, try searching this lot
for one already down!
Attachments
P1450719.JPG
P1450718.JPG
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That is a familiar looking site shot Trevor 8) with sage advice :D ...although to be fair so far I've only 2 out of 6 Brostreaks along the Main Hedge...hopefully plenty more to come :wink:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Great work with the Hairstreaks, Trevor. I'll be concentrating on them myself towards the end of the month. Hopefully I will find a female in as fine shape as yours!
trevor

Post by trevor »

Cheers Wurzel & David. Gook luck with the BH, they seem harder to come by this year.
On Monday morning I went over to Horseshoe plantation, immediately below the famous
Belle Tout lighthouse. Even at an early hour it was hot and windy, making photography difficult.
I did manage shots of a Small Copper, a female Chalkhill, and a tiny Brown Argus ( about the same size
as a Small Blue ). The few Silver Spotted Skippers I saw were flying around like little missiles,
so no luck there!
Attachments
P1450827.JPG
P1450837.JPG
P1450848.JPG
P1450829.JPG
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

That's a very sultry looking Small Copper Trevor 8) Next year when you're over for Brostreaks I'll show you round Perham - a very easy site to work for Silver-spots :wink: :D

Have a goodun

Wurzel

Return to “Personal Diaries”