How to convert Sony images to Canon

Discussion forum for butterfly photography. You can also get your photos reviewed here!
Gruditch
Moderator & Stock Contributor
Moderator & Stock Contributor

Re: How to convert Sony images to Canon

Post by Gruditch »

Just to make things clear, I was not coming down on Mouse or Antonym in a my official capacity as a site administrator, but just as a regular forum member.

This thread had started to get a bit ill tempered, so Eccles wisely had his last say, and called a halt to it. Neither myself or Roger took up Eccles's offer to have the last word, and hoped the thread was dead.

But then, for no doubt their own entertainment, others tried to relight the flames with a silly suggestion. Had we gone through with the image quality test that was suggested, we would have ended up with a totally unscientific result, that the loser would rightly never except, and this would obviously lead to more arguing and bad feeling between friends on this forum.

I would suggest that if people are too sensitive to take a bit of stick themselves, than it is unwise to join in on a heated debate, and very unwise to try and relight the flames of one that had finished.

Gruditch
Pete Eeles
Administrator & Stock Contributor
Administrator & Stock Contributor

Re: How to convert Sony images to Canon

Post by Pete Eeles »

Here's my take on this thread.

Eccles, FISHiEE, Hamearis, Gruditch and Rogerdodge have all been forum members for some time and there's definitely a certain "banter" between them that anyone outside this group wouldn't know! Any apparent derogatory remarks are all made in the knowledge that the recipient(s) won't be offended.

However, how would relative-newcomers know that? That, I believe, is the root cause of some of the apparent "ill-feeling" that has since become actual "ill-feeling".

So - I consider this matter closed. Let's move on :)

Cheers,

- Pete
Life Cycles of British & Irish Butterflies: http://www.butterflylifecycles.com
British & Irish Butterflies Rarities: http://www.butterflyrarities.com

Return to “Photography”