Goldie M

This forum contains a topic per member, each representing a personal diary.
Goldie M

Re: Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks David, it gives me a boost thinking I've been missed :D

Yes, the house has been foremost , I think if you get things sorted and your comfortable with every thing it puts things right for you, plus the fact lots wanted doing, gradually things are falling into place, I've got good friendly neighbours too which helps a lot, I was worried about that because at the house I left we all had one another's keys if we went a way and like me you lock yourself out occasionally :D :D

Any way, I'm thinking of my garden now and sorting that out for next year, thanks again for your post Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Good to hear that things are progressing with the house Goldie and that you're moving onto the garden next :D 8)

Have a goodun

Wurrzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, I'm still seeing White Butterflies in my garden but most pass through, I'll rectify that hope fully :D

I've just finished planting Hyacinths in a large pot, my Son-in-law gave them to me and last year they really attracted lots of Spring Butterflies, they're
really nice, now I want some Daff's before it's too late to plant them and some perennials . :D My Boules Mauve believe it or not are thriving , not flowering as yet but well on the way for next year :D

There's only the Bathroom to go now and that's got to be it for a while :D Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Great to hear it's all going well and you have most things in hand Goldie :D Sounds like you're well ahead of me in the renovations as well as your PD; I've still got the kitchen, bathroom, flooring in the loft and all the windows to sort out :shock: :?

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks for your post Wurzel, hope all goes well with the jobs and you manage to get them done before Christmas :D OR!! next Butterfly year :D Goldie :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Christmas so near my family this year is going to be great, ( no traveling for a start) :D I've got the tree up already and the presents under the tree :D

I find also being near my family's dogs has been great company having lost mine a few years ago, so, I'd like to wish everybody on UK Butterflies all the best with a couple of photo's of them, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY BUTTERFLYING YEAR TO ALL :D GOLDIE :D
Attachments
IMG_5310.jpg
IMG_5634.jpeg
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I looked outside this morning and thought I was back in the North :D

It was only on Saturday I was admiring a large bee on my Neighbours lovely yellow flowers, I can't remember the name of the bush but it's prickly and looks Ever Green and begins with M .Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_7623.jpeg
millerd

Post by millerd »

Goldie M wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:40 am ...It was only on Saturday I was admiring a large bee on my Neighbours lovely yellow flowers, I can't remember the name of the bush but it's prickly and looks Ever Green and begins with M .Goldie :D
That sounds like Mahonia, Goldie. A few years ago I saw three Red Admirals on one in a neighbour's garden right at the end of November. It's a great winter-flowering shrub.

Cheers,

Dave
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Thanks for that Dave, :D My Neighbour lives just across the road and the bush is really high, I was talking to her when the Bee arrived :D

I must say it was good to see that Bee at the beginning of December :D next year I'll look out for Admirals :D Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

What a difference a day (or so)makes Goldie :D :shock: Hope you're keeping snug - it's not normally this cold down this way - perhaps you brought the winter with you :wink: :lol:

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I think I did Wurzel :roll: one thing I've been thankful for is the Bungalow is nice and warm, it's getting the ice off the car that's been the trouble, no garage, having had a garage at my last house it needs some getting use to in weather like this, I always keep some Deicer in the car but when I tried to use it the top wouldn't come off, now, that's cold :D Mind you, I prefer this kind of cold weather to the rain but without the Snow :D Goldie :D

Roll on Spring!!! :D
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:15 am Christmas so near my family this year is going to be great, ( no traveling for a start) :D I've got the tree up already and the presents under the tree :D

I find also being near my family's dogs has been great company having lost mine a few years ago, so, I'd like to wish everybody on UK Butterflies all the best with a couple of photo's of them, MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY BUTTERFLYING YEAR TO ALL :D GOLDIE :D
Merry Christmas to you too, Goldie. :)

Love the dogs - here's one of our German Shepherd, Joelie, who'll be 13 next month:
Joelie.jpg
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

That's a lovely photo David, two of my dog's were part German Shepard and part Labrador , they were fantastic Dogs, one lived to be 15years old, sadly my second Dog became ill at only 8 years and we lost her, my third dog before these two was called Rusty, i've no Idea what is mixture was, :D all three were from Rescue places, Rusty was aways running off , we lived near the moors and I was frightened in case he chased the sheep, he never did, but he was killed on the road by a lorry, (on my Birthday has well, )these things happen but my Husband and I were gutted, we said never again, but ended up with two more. :roll:
Since I posted the photo we've got a third Dog in the family, my Grandson bought him , I've no shots of him yet , he's called Sargent :D when he visited he was all over the Garden :D I ended up giving him his Christmas toy , he's so cute :D he's a Black Labrador :D
Can you Imagine three dogs on Christmas day :D mean time I've posted one more photo of double trouble :D Toby and Reggie, Goldie :D
Attachments
IMG_5044.jpeg
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

I love the way one of them is a pillow for the other! :lol: Hope things are still going well.

Have a goodun

Wurzel
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

Hi! Wurzel, things are still going well thank you :D I went out yesterday and treated myself :D New perfume and ears rings :D couldn't resist the ear rings when I saw they were small Butterflies :D Goldie :D
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 11:28 am..Can you Imagine three dogs on Christmas day :D mean time I've posted one more photo of double trouble :D Toby and Reggie,
Will look forward to seeing Sargent in due course, Goldie! :)

Three dogs would probably be easier than the one dog, three cats, two parrots and three dozen odd chickens & ducks that I'll have to see to on Christmas Day. :lol:
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

The best of British Luck to you David :lol: :lol: Have a good Christmas any way :D Goldie :D
Wurzel
Stock Contributor
Stock Contributor

Post by Wurzel »

Hope you have a cracking Christmas (sorry I know that should be Easter :wink: :lol: ) Goldie! 8)

Have a goodun, Christmas that is! :D

Wurzel
David M

Post by David M »

Goldie M wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:08 amThe best of British Luck to you David :lol: :lol: Have a good Christmas any way
Thanks, Goldie. You too. :D
Goldie M

Post by Goldie M »

I did have a great Christmas ,spite the fact I'd to dodge the pup who wasn't afraid of the bigger dogs :D and had ago at the adults as well, Boy!! has he got sharp teeth :D

Boxing day all three were so tired they slept most of the day :lol: :lol:

We managed to hold Sargent down for a couple of minutes while I took one shot :lol: Also he thought he should guard his own toy and the presents :lol:

HAPPY NEAR YEAR EVERYONE :D GOLDIE :D
Attachments
IMG_7707.jpeg
IMG_7736.jpeg

Return to “Personal Diaries”